Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

One U.I. 2.0 - Post update problem

(Topic created on: 03-22-2020 12:54 PM)
Anand011
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M

I recently updated my Galaxy M30s to One U.I. 2.0. Ever since my phone rebooted from the update, it has been unresponsive to any and all touch input. As a result, I cannot unlock my phone. The fingerprint scanner seems to be working fine, but I have to input pin after reboot to unlock my phone. 

I have tried booting it into safe mode, but the problem still persists. I also wiped cache partition and rebooted it. The screen is still not responsive to touch input.

Please suggest any solutions or similar problems.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
Simply wiping cache partition does nothing. In times like this, it's better to take a backup a perform a factory reset.

I experienced the same issue in my device after update. But after factory resetting, the device is working fine and I'm getting great battery life too.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Atul09
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
do factory reset of your phone after making backup of your phone you need to first switch off your mobile then push all three buttons volume or power buttons for 5 to 10 sec then there is an option of factory reset tap on it and push power buttons thats it

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Comments
Solution
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
Simply wiping cache partition does nothing. In times like this, it's better to take a backup a perform a factory reset.

I experienced the same issue in my device after update. But after factory resetting, the device is working fine and I'm getting great battery life too.
0 Likes
Anand011
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Okay. Thanks!

0 Likes
Anand011
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Okay. I tried factory resetting. The phone is in setup mode, asking me to choose languages. But it is still unresponsive to touch input. What should I do now? Is it a hardware problem?

Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
How is it still not responding to touch? Have you ever dropped your device?
0 Likes
Anand011
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Not recently. It was working fine before the update. Only after the update finished, did I start facing this problem.

0 Likes
Anand011
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

But yes, I have dropped the device.

0 Likes
Solution
Atul09
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
do factory reset of your phone after making backup of your phone you need to first switch off your mobile then push all three buttons volume or power buttons for 5 to 10 sec then there is an option of factory reset tap on it and push power buttons thats it
0 Likes
Anand011
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Thanks a lot! I'll try that.

0 Likes
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
Okay then take your device to a service centre if possible. Your screen might have got damaged.
0 Likes