Original topic:

OTG not supported in Galaxy M40

(Topic created on: 06-29-2020 06:36 PM)
Wish__u
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy M

I tried to connect an Otg 3.5 mm jack. It was not supported by my phone. I tried several connectors but the result was same. Pls assist.

9 Comments
Galaxy M
yeah my m40 is also not supporting,
0 Likes
Galaxy M
Samsung M40 is a amazing phone and packs a bundle of good specs of SW and HW along with camera.
However the major problem is non availability of 3.5mm jack which Samsung tried to solve providing it's own Type C headphone which sounds wonderful.
As far as 3.5mm connectors are concerns I tried various connectors from differnt shops/ online and even connector from OnePlus, none of them works . I didn't tried any connector after upgrading to One UI 2.0.
For OTG, it works fine on my phone. I have Type C to USB connector which I used for connecting Pen drives, Keyboard, Mouse etc.
After lockdown I'll start my hunt for 3.5 mm connector again to check if any works on One UI 2.0.
I provide updates on my page you can follow me there.
0 Likes
NikRK
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
NikRK
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
0 Likes
BhanuAgarwal
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
buddy all the above comments won't work for you.

Reason is Samsung M40 using some different codec. You need to buy the adapter of same codec.

I am using Realtek adapter type-c to 3.5mm without any issues. Visit amazon.in and search there for relatek adapters.
Dhayanidhi
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
thx
0 Likes
BhanuAgarwal
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Best you can buy from Samsung shop app.
0 Likes
Members_vCthpFb
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Hi Bhanu,

Can you please share the Amazon link for the adapter ?

Getting too many options while searching.

Thanks in advance.

Santa

0 Likes
BhanuAgarwal
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Official Samsung:
https://www.samsung.com/in/mobile-accessories/charger-type-c-uc10ju-ee-uc10juwegin/

Amazon:
Check this out at Amazon
Tolv Type C to 3.5 mm Jack Audio Connector, Noise Cancelling Headphones Jack Converter Audio Adapter for Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus (Pack of 1) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07Z2RG5DZ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_XGGSBQGHATPA0HEJK3KP?_encoding=UTF8&ps...
0 Likes