Original topic:

Netflix Hd playback issue

(Topic created on: 04-05-2020 01:06 PM)
Aamir583
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy M
After updating one ui 2.0 i notice Netflix app shows that this device has L3 license and restricted to play sd content. But when i was on android pie One UI 1.5 this device played Netflix in Hd as it already has proper L1 certification. So why this problem happens now?? Any solutions??
8 Comments
chitti1998
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
download drm info app and check which lvl it is showing.
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
All streaming and video apps have limited videos and shows to SD sue to lockdown which in turn increases pressure on Internet connection. Also you can see that YouTube videos are limited to 480p. And about certification, it has Widevine L1 but is showing L3 because of the same reason as mentioned above.
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
I don't know whether it's a One UI 2.0 issue since the COVID pandemic all VOD service is moving over from HD to SD. Videos on the global platform will now play in the default standard definition template for all users across latitudes and geographies.

This is done to reduce the burden on Internet access as the countries are clamped with the lockdown. My device is not on 2.0, So I can only conjecture this may be a reason. But which can be fixed by Netflix or from Samsung update in the foreseeable future.

check the link 🔗

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/03/22/the-latest-coronavirus-casualty-is-netflix-streaming-qualit...
Galaxy M
Hey! I had the same issue.
Just uninstall the netflix app and then reinstall it! Would solve the issue.
Aamir583
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
yes. i have to clear data and cache now it shows L1 and plays Hd videos. Thanks mate
besteverbuddy
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
which app is that in your screenshot, plz tell?
0 Likes
Galaxy M
its the Netflix app
0 Likes
ajith0544
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
due lockdown u won't see HD playing video in YouTube n OTT platforms, streaming quality is reduced to SD to reduce the data usage traffic