Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Need Better Ram Management In Galaxy M Series

(Topic created on: 05-03-2020 10:31 PM)
Manuvjeet
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy M
Am i right guys!!!!..because it's all coming back to touchwiz type of phones which used to have less ram available with even default applications installed only. You may have noticed it after opening device care too!
Hope Samsung gives a little more improved ram Management in next update!!!!
Thanks And No Hard Feelings against Samsung🤞

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

RAM management also depends upon type of RAM and CPU speed/type.So I don't think a mid range phone can have a better RAM management cuz hardware lacks in it ,even if software is optimized good.

We can take apple as an example.They have 2 GB RAM phones but are better optimized than a 8GB RAM android phone because of better hardware and better software optimization.

View solution in context

8 Comments
Galaxy M
Using Android ART (Android Runtime) is less of a downside to the JIT package, which ultimately runs Android apps. But the JIT package of byte code that is in use leads to less performance compared to other OS. It has various cores that interact with the software.

OneUi is heavily customized Android OS platforms. If you have less RAM, OS and pre-installed applications will eventually use RAM. So a small number of ram space is available to the user.

If you are considering more RAM and speed, I suggest you buy a device that meets your needs.
Manuvjeet
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
considering your answer bro...i agree with it!..but still 4gb ram phones are enough today time..usual use only no gaming or hard work for phone
0 Likes
Solution
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

RAM management also depends upon type of RAM and CPU speed/type.So I don't think a mid range phone can have a better RAM management cuz hardware lacks in it ,even if software is optimized good.

We can take apple as an example.They have 2 GB RAM phones but are better optimized than a 8GB RAM android phone because of better hardware and better software optimization.

Manuvjeet
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
right this is all lack of optimization
0 Likes
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
I agree with you. I own an M30s with 6 GB ram variant. But you can disable most of the pre-installed bloatware and free up a lot of ram. I faced this occasion once in a blue moon and most probably the device will be on power-saving mode(In power-saving mode ram management is aggressive to save power ); even with 6 GB ram sometimes few of my apps in the background got killed automatically by the system. This might sound silly for you. If you can foresee that this app in the background is that important. I will lock this app into memory. That's the best solution I come up with. By the way, I'm still on Android 9 and I don't know the situation of ram management on One UI 2.0

Manuvjeet
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
yesss
Manuvjeet
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
m31 will also get it soon #oneui2.0
Samsung_UoLdyXM
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Hii Samsung 

You can make fast charging Update for galaxy M series .all Samsung  M series users face a slow charging problem. Please make a fast charging Updates 18w support