Original topic:

'Most Critical Issue in Samsung Phone Ever'

(Topic created on: 04-21-2020 09:50 PM)
NoobMaster
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy M
Hello Everyone,
Now as we all know that Samsung has always been the CHAMP when it comes to Displays. Even OnePlus & Apple buys OLED displays from Samsung. So keeping that in mind, we can all assure ourselves that the Samsung phones we're using must have an far superior display as compare to other Chinese Phone Manufacturers.

But here I'm with my Galaxy M30 running Android 10 (OneUI 2.0). I generally use Dark Mode all the time as it doesn't stress out my eyes, looks cool & also save power I guess. But the other day when I was using my phone at night in my room with all the room lights off, I noticed that the Pixels of my AMOLED screen were not completely off or dead as it should be, each pixels were still emitting some back light even when the Dark Mode was ON. This means the screen doesn't save any Power no more nor does this looks any good. Basically this looks so bad in some UI elements of OneUI. So what the advantage of having an AMOLED Panel when your screen is looking exactly same as those LCD/IPS displays of Chinese Manufacturers with Dark Mode on?

I even installed some Black Custom Themes from XDA Developers & guess what? All the Pixels were completely off/dead while using those themes.

[Note: First you need to increase the Brightness of your phone to full & also you need to be in very dark room/environment to notice this difference.]
0 Likes
4 Comments
EdoMadara
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Yep bro, I've been facing the same issue in my m30s. It isnt visible in proper lighting, but when the phone is used in dark, the backlight on dark mode is obivous. The blacks dont look like deep blacks anymore, and the phone looks like having a ripoff amoled screen.
NoobMaster
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
I hope they resolve this in coming updates b'cuz I get irritated sometimes
0 Likes
EdoMadara
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Also, how did u install custom themes from xda?
NoobMaster
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
I manually download apk files of some custom themes directly from XDA Samsung Forums & after installing these apk's you can directly see them on your Samsung Theme Store; all downloaded themes will automatically come in Theme Store. & now you can apply these themes from there only. Bodhisattva & Eny are my Favorite ones.

& Now-a-Days I'm using Hex OneUI Theme Installer. You can create your own theme here. You can download it from Play Store.
0 Likes