Original topic:

M51 camera resolution setting missing in setting section

(Topic created on: 08-12-2021 05:33 PM)
Antyush
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy M
Please help about my Samsung M51 camera resolution setting. Settings like Rear & Front  camera Video size and resolution, Camera photo size and resolution etc. are not there in the camera settings menu after android latest update. What is the solution.

8 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
It is moved in video mode
See screenshotScreenshot_20210812-082925_Camera_69491.png
ykmblr
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

It helps no one. 

This setting acts no good for a good user.  The min size of image saved is 3MB on average. For any competitive phone from mi, vivo or any brand incl iphone , a resolution of 2000 pixel approx should save the same image as 600kb. 

I have used the phone for 3 months now and my memory of 120GB has only 20GB left out. 

Lets say , I find one newspaper advt , and want to share with a friend. ( Newspaper = 150dpi resolution) . When i save it , it makes a 3MB file. If I just need 720 dpi image, there is no way.  Normally that image can be just 150K for whatsapp or insta use.  Hence 3000 images x 3MB = 9000 MB gone. If same thing you see for other phones 3000 images x0.6MB = 1800MB. Huge difference and developers never know , how important is memory in the phone for keeping new apps or storing important data.  Google photo sync, whatsapp all will get flooded if the images are shared with anyone. Samsung just removed the resolution option which was there in earlier camera APK before 11..0.5.99. There is no way to choose the resolution , I need. I am forced to save any images with lowest size 2.7 MB ro 3MB . That makes the phone unusable within 3-4 months . 

saink
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Yes
Galaxy M
It's available in camera UIScreenshot_20210812-084955_Camera_96449.png
Galaxy M
Do you have m51
0 Likes
ssnbipbinp
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy M
Sanbip bono 20210810_060710_78.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
ykmblr
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Camera resolution settings are missing.... every image consumes min 3MB in the phone ...

This setting acts no good for a good user.  The min size of image saved is 3MB on average. For any competitive phone from mi, vivo or any brand incl iphone , a resolution of 2000 pixel approx should save the same image as 600kb. 

I have used the phone for 3 months now and my memory of 120GB has only 20GB left out. 

Lets say , I find one newspaper advt , and want to share with a friend. ( Newspaper = 150dpi resolution) . When i save it , it makes a 3MB file. If I just need 720 dpi image, there is no way.  Normally that image can be just 150K for whatsapp or insta use.  Hence 3000 images x 3MB = 9000 MB gone. If same thing you see for other phones 3000 images x0.6MB = 1800MB. Huge difference and developers never know , how important is memory in the phone for keeping new apps or storing important data.  Google photo sync, whatsapp all will get flooded if the images are shared with anyone. Samsung just removed the resolution option which was there in earlier camera APK before 11..0.5.99. There is no way to choose the resolution , I need. I am forced to save any images with lowest size 2.7 MB ro 3MB . That makes the phone unusable within 3-4 months .