Original topic:

M51 battery draining issue

(Topic created on: 11-06-2020 06:31 AM)
Goofybhai
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy M
Hey guys I just got my first ever Samsung phone M51 few days back but I am regretting it now...the battery performance is not up to mark...so to test i completely charged my mobile to 100% and power saving mode was on and wifi was off...the mobile charged as claimed by Samsung inside 2 hours...I turned off the charger but didn't use the mobile...it was idle in power saving mode and no wifi...after 25 minutes I went to check and battery percentage dropped by 2% without using anything...so is my device faulty? Or it's common problem in m51....if it's common then is Samsung going to release update to fix this draining issue? I have still few days left so that I can send it back to Amazon for replacement...what should I do?
15 Comments
Sanjibad
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
Please I personaly request please please plesase don't buy this phone..7000mah battery just for marketing give only 5000mah back up battery drain to fast..my device medium power saving mode,adavtive power saving wifi scanning bluetooth scanning,deep sleep app every thing do but battery draing to fast.. please don't waste money buy other brand..
Sanjibad
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
Totaly waste of money mai pachta taha hu..kya hai ye device mai ghatiya ka plastic use kiya hai back mai 15days hua to aise lagne paga 2sal purana phone hai..pure one ui nehi hai one ui core hai..knox security ghanta ka hai serf nam chipkaya..no secure folder..battery ko to vul hi jao just for showup..Network issue..no carrier agrrigation support..serf display or back camera a6a hai...front camera indoor mai pink color ho jati hai..
Goofybhai
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
aaj mera phir se 3% battery drain hua...airplane mode and full power saving mode on karke rakha tha raat ko....they better give proper updates and fix this problem or else I am not going to give advice to anyone to buy this brand again 😤
Rajeev3078
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
I have the same issue.
0 Likes
Nithin2806
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy M
Yes, I had the same issue. I played a game in high quality for 5 minutes and the battery dropped just 1 percent, but on standby mode it drains as if I have 100 apps open in the background (which is kind of true, read on). I thought I had received a defective product because I saw the battery tests on YouTube and knew my phone would not even come close to that performance. Anyway, I just dealt with it. However, I think I found out what the problem was last night – Motions and Gestures! Just go to your phone settings and click on "Advanced Features" and then "Motions and Gestures". Take a look at the different services there and you will find out just how many things the phone is tracking at any given point of time– Nearby devices (In "Connections") , NFC (In Notifications panel), Palm swipe. And there are so many services/ sensors that run in the background when you put the phone down – Lift to wake, Double tap to wake, Easy mute, Smart Alert, etc. I disabled ALL of them, and I had a phenomenal battery backup today. I used the phone for over 4 hours and the battery dropped only 40%. So if I project that to 100%, I would theoretically get 10.5 hours of backup, which is similar to what I saw on YouTube battery drain tests.
0 Likes
Rkj1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
This issue of samsung m51

Screenshot_20210428-084103_Device care.jpg

0 Likes