i_MrNavi
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy M

HIGHLIGHTS
  • Samsung has used the Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G processor
  • It has a 6.6-inch HD+ AMOLED display
  • The Galaxy M42 has a 5,000mAh battery and supports 15W charging
The Galaxy M42 5G is the first smartphone in Samsung's M series to get 5G support. It also happens to be the most affordable smartphone in the entire Samsung stable to offer 5G connectivity. Samsung has picked the capable Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G processor for the Galaxy M42 5G, but has also equipped it with an HD+ display which sticks out like a sore thumb in this price range. So can the Galaxy M42 5G help Samsung get ahead of the competition, or has the company cut too many corners? Here's my review

Galaxy M42 5G price in India

The Samsung Galaxy M42 5G starts at Rs. 21,999 for the base variant which has 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. The higher variant with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage is priced at Rs. 23,999. It is available in Prism Dot Gray and Prism Dot Black.

Galaxy M42 5G design

The Samsung Galaxy M42 5G₹ 21,999 is a big smartphone and bears some resemblance to the Galaxy A42 5G. The Galaxy M42 5G₹ 21,999 has a big 6.6-inch display with reasonably slim bezels all around. It has a dewdrop notch at the top, which Samsung refers to as an Infinity-U display. The Galaxy M42 5G has a polycarbonate back panel which has a glossy finish that Samsung calls “Glasstic”. The glossy finish is a fingerprint magnet and smudges are easily visible.

The back panel of the Galaxy M42 5G is visually divided into four blocks, top to bottom. The top quarter has a solid black glossy finish while the colour gets lighter with every block as you go down. The lower three segments have an additional fine dotted pattern that disperses light into different colours. Samsung has aptly named the color Prism Dot Black, while the other, lighter colour option is called Prism Dot Gray.You get a quad-camera setup on the Galaxy M42 5G in a single module in the top left corner of the back. This square-shaped module doesn't protrude much which is a good thing. The Samsung Galaxy M42 5G has a 5,000mAh battery and supports 15W fast charging. Samsung also bundles a 15W charger in the box which is slower than what the competition offers. Surprisingly, even the (GalaxyReview)supports and comes with a faster 25W charger, even though it's positioned slightly below the Galaxy M42 5G.

Galaxy M42 5G specifications

The first thing that caught my attention was the fact that the 6.6-inch AMOLED display sports only an HD+ resolution and has a 60Hz refresh rate. This low-resolution display is very disappointing given the price that Samsung is commanding for this smartphone. Samsung sells its for Rs 12,499 with a full-HD+ AMOLED display. On the plus side, you get an in-display fingerprint scanner, making this one of the first smartphones in the Galaxy M series with this feature. However, a full-HD+ display and a side-mounted capacitive fingerprint scanner would have been my preference here.

Display6.60-inch
Front Camera20-megapixel
Rear Camera48-megapixel + 8-megapixel + 5-megapixel + 5-megapixel
RAM6GB
Storage128GB
Battery Capacity5000mAh
OSAndroid 11
4 Comments
i_MrNavi
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
Like 👍 please