Original topic:

M31 - Phone blanks out; Black dead screen even if you press the volume/unlock buttons

(Topic created on: 05-23-2020 01:52 PM)
GeetanjaliAnderson
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy M

My new M31 often refuses to respond even when you press the unlock or power buttons. Even if you plug it in there is no response. All you get to see is a dead black screen. If you call the number the caller hears the caller tune but the phone doesn't show the incoming call. Is anyone else facing this problem? How do I solve it?

12 Comments
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We request you kindly visit the service center as your device needs physical inspection, to check for the service center opening timings kindly connect with our chat support through given link :  www.samsung.com/in/support

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Punitjain
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
facing same issue
0 Likes
MilindGarsund
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
My Samsung M31 display tuned black, top notification menu is working on slide. But if you click notification it turns black
0 Likes
Samsung_Az8dELz
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Ys. Same problem. Just 3 months old phone. All of a sudden, the screen just went black and phone dead while in use. It had nearly 50 per cent battery charge left. Now, even if you plug in to the charger it's dead, just like the phone which I unboxed in July. 

0 Likes
Samsung_Az8dELz
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Got it repaired today in warranty. Service centre said: "battery problem and we have replaced it". 

0 Likes
vndsouza
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Similar problem as above. My M31 phone is just 3 months old(purchased through Amazon on 3rd July  2020) it went blank suddenly. While connecting charger just beef sound , display not shows charging percentage. Even hard reset also not happening. I am having other samsung galaxy series phones 7 yrs old still working. Not expected such a bad quality product from samsung brand.

0 Likes
Sheo_sumit
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Similar Issue. M31  purchased 3 months back. Blacks out and then freezes. Fingerprint does not respond nor does power and volume button for some time. Also"System UI not responding" message pops up everytime it get stuck.

How to get this resolved

0 Likes
aniketbelwalkar
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Hi,

Try following the instructions provided in - https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001470/

This worked for me to fix it myself without even going to service center in this pandemic.

Thank you.

0 Likes
rames143
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
Very worst products M31pro automatically restarting, not charging, so many issues with in 15 months, we have spent 19k... Not worthy.... Samsung good will going down day by day....
We went service center they said manufacturing defect, if u come with in warranty period it will free of cost, now warranty lapsed, i need to change motherboard it's costing 8900+ tax....

If manufacturers defect they need to replace....
Worst model..
0 Likes