Original topic:

M31 FAILED SOFTWARE UPDATE RELEASED 10 April 2020

(Topic created on: 04-11-2020 07:41 PM)
Zoro098
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy M

It has hardly been one month since I purchased your newly released phone Samsung M31 through Amazon.in. Last night, I received a messaged asking me to update my phone. Then, it took time for me to realize that your concerned team has released a useless software last night that has been stuck on my phone since last 12 hours. Does your TPM, Technology owners have any idea/common sense about impact for taking risk of releasing such failed SW update during such lockdown? Being such a reputed company, how can your team release SW without proper validation? I want my phone to work back or refund me completely. DO NOT ask me to visit your support center during this lockdown. I waiting for your response.

9 Comments
Bhargav0590
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
same here very bad company responsibility.
0 Likes
Paresh07
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
My M31 was broke because of the failed update from Samsung, I finally restored my mobile, here are the steps:

download Odin software.  URL : https://www.androidinfotech.com/download-odin-all-versions/

You will need version 3.14 only

download M31 firmware https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-M315F/INS/M315FXXU1ATB7(approx 4 gb)

Extract files from firmware, you will get 5 files, AP, BL , CP, CSC and Home_CSC

open Odin and connect your phone with pc, it will show you message of Added in left column.
in right column, browse AP, BL , CP and Home_CSC. (If you dont want your previous data, select CSC file or if you want to keep app and Data as previous, select HOME_CSC)

Then click on start, it will show you message of PASS, if everything works good.

Mobile should be 50% charged.

For any help contact me. Thanks

0 Likes
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M
0 Likes
Zoro098
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

The above steps are not applicable. Our phone is not getting off/on so the first two steps cannot be performed.

3rd steps re-directs to third party website (non-samsung). It better to avoid any files/SW from there for security reasons.

0 Likes
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

it's an official firmware and an official tool to flash firmware in samsung phones.Its a 3rd party website but the firmwares are orignal and official.

Service centers uses the same tool for flashing firmware.

Also if you don't want to do it then its your choice.You can visit service center.

0 Likes
Zoro098
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Hey Complexer,

Tried 3rd step, S M31 Software isn't available in the list. :(

0 Likes
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M
0 Likes
GoTo2234
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Try following link. It worked for me.

Just Charge your phone for 30 min (if it is fully discharged).

Download ODIN software.

Install/Run it on your PC.

Download latest firmware.

Unzip the file. No need to put in specific folder.

Connect Phone via USB/Type-C cable to PC.

Follow instruction mentioned in 3rd Method.

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Boot-Loop-Boot-Stuck-Bricked-Phone-Fixing-methods/m-p/400...
0 Likes