Original topic:

M31 Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 05-24-2020 01:11 PM)
Pri7
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy M

Screenshot_20200524-130307_Device care.jpg

 Above you can see I've got 22% battery left. The sum of battery usage of the apps listed was around 40%. What about the missing 38%? What used 38% of the battery? This is from a 2 day old m31. I thought the battery life would be awesome but boy :(. Please help. 

P.S.: I switch off all unnecessary features and services like wifi, data, auto-sync off when not in use.

7 Comments
MrAmmar
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy M
????zz
0 Likes
Pri7
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Sorry I'm shifting from oneplus. I really don't know how Samsung works. I could almost add up my battery usage of my op5 even after 2-3 years.

AMPK
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
Stop background operation of apps. Next use device care and check
0 Likes
ArpitShivhare
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
First of all i would like to say you that in M31 network fluctuation also causes too much battery consumption, as i can see in above picture SIM1's network is only 1 bar which is too much low.
And second thing is go to Device Care then go to battery.
After that App power management and in that select Sleeping apps and select all the applications except Google.
Because if you add Google in that list it will consume more amount of battery.
At last i would like to say that let me know if this thing works for you.
0 Likes
Pri7
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Alright. Did as you said. Left google(app), Grammarly, nova launcher and WhatsApp out of the sleeping apps list. I'll let you know how it goes in a couple of days. 

ArpitShivhare
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Sure try & experience it for 1-2 days.
It will definitely give you improvement in battery backup
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please be assured and to resolve "Battery drainage" issue kindly follow the given below steps:

1)Battery optimization:-Settings>Select Device Maintenance/Device Care>Optimize>Optimize all options like Battery, Storage and Memory
2) Close background running apps:-Tap on recent key and close the background running application.

For more information on battery drainage please click on the link below:
http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/1101689

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes