Original topic:

M30s Samsung pay

(Topic created on: 10-18-2019 12:32 PM)
ShashidharNN
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
Why M30s not support Samsung pay safe lock and some more fetures like samsung A series mobiles???
11 Comments
theKeshavKr
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
Samsung Pay requires additional hardware in form of NFC and MST, which is not found on M30s, so Samsung Pay is not available. And regarding other features, it is limited to the support by the hardware used. You may receive features related to software in form of software updates in future. Please select 'Accept Solution' if you find my answer helpful.
SamsungJ8user
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
J8 doesn't have NFC...Instead it support Samsung pay mini.....🤣😂
theKeshavKr
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
Mr. SamsungJ8user through Samsung Pay mini you can't pay through cards. I would request to improve your knowledge, and then comment.
SamsungJ8user
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Mr.thekeshavkr....Yes you might be right but I can use It as my wallet....in order to pay electric bill, scan QR codes....etc...
NFC (Near Field Communication)..
Its use is just to exchange data over other device in short range...about 10-15 cm....😒
0 Likes
theKeshavKr
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
I am not here to argue with you. The primary objective of Samsung Pay is to replace your cards with your phone, wherein you don't have to carry physical cards anywhere. It is a patented technology by Samsung which uses 1. NFC 2. MST, here MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) is important, which enables it to work on any POS. When MST is used the POS machine just thinks it is a card. Magnetic secure transmission technology uses "magnetic" signals to establish a
connection between the user's mobile device and the terminal. This process essentially mimics the magnetic connection created when processing traditional cards. Whereas competitors like Google Pay and Apple Pay will work only on those POS which have NFC.
Galaxy M
Bro, Samsung pay requires two different set of hardwares

1)MST and
2)NFC

Your device lacks this feature..and MST is hardware based configuration..
uncanny
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Wrong,  not all SamsungPay devices have MST.  e.g Galaxy A70, A50s, A30s have full SamsungPay which works only via NFC. I found out the hard way when I bought Galaxy A80 for $$$ and SamsungPay was only NFC based. Now, only S series comes with MST, rest all NFC only.  NFC & SamsungPay is region-based. Samsung is known for secretly disabling features. My UAE version, M30s has NFC, but no SamsungPay. I can use Google pay. A50s & M30s pretty much have the same hardware, but Samsung deliberately disabled features like Edge lighting, Good Lock, Secure Folder,  Connect to Windows, Haptic feedback etc. I tried to sideload these apps, but they gave an error, obviously all this because of the price difference

0 Likes
Galaxy M
That I know bro..Samsung deliberately not giving Samsung pay via NFC to these segment of mobiles..that's all because of price difference..
0 Likes
Faizan
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
same in m30
Samsung pay need NFC hardware so m Series will never get samsung pay.
but Samsung should provide One hand operation+ app, good lock app