Original topic:

M30s November Security Patch Update and much more..

(Topic created on: 12-08-2019 12:33 AM)
santripta
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy M
Samsung M30s got updated to November Security Patch, to all those M30s users remember that Samsung will be providing quarterly security updates and not on regular monthly basis.

M30s also got the AR Doodle feature, previously it had only the AR Emoji feature.
Samsung's AR Doodle was something meant for itsFlagship level smartphones and it's good to see that they are implementing some of them in their Mid-Range series.

After Updating to latest version, I can say safely now that camera has improved a lot, Auto AI Focus has been improved now it doesn't goes off Focus when subject is frequently changed or made to come too close and focus Strength has also been improved a lot..

One  disappointing thing about camera is that it still hasn't got that customizable pro mode, which you find in Realme's camera, Mi A3 and more..
This makes Pro mode of no use tbh.

On performance ground I haven't noticed any changes or any drop in performance also.

Battery backup is somewhat the same, but I felt battery stand by has been improved lately. 

If you feel there are some bugs or new unknown tweaks have been done, kindly post them here..

Thank you.

7 Comments
gegy
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
does any of you notice a selfie shot by night? check out yourself you may see yourself like a ghost , l just did the update yesterday doesn't improve on the camera, they should've install a flash instead of screen flash. secondly, l can see there is lack in UI interface while multitasking, it is not very responsive and further, the brightness adjustment l set to adaptive, so inside the house l dont see much issue but get yourself outside the Sun, you wouldn't be able to see the screen so quickly. Lastly, the network receive isn't that strong or fast conpare to previous experience on other smartphone, l don't know Samsung use less frequency band or is it because of other parts add up inside M30S.

So, Mister engineers l think you have to fix these stuff, l am pretty sure many of the M30s users faces the same
ADi47
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
Hey Man!!
1- I heard about quarterly updates.. How is calculation on quarterly basis?
2- Can you further guide about Doodle and it works on emoji only?
0 Likes
DragonSpitz
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
Quarterly means every 3 months, you'll get major updates
0 Likes
DragonSpitz
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
AR Doodle can be found on Video mode
anup0085
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
What I have noticed after updating picture clicked with rear camera flash only catches reflective light and main subject is totally missing in that
0 Likes
gegy
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
same happen bro, l think that happens for every M30s users
anup0085
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Also torch function as well as video flash stopped working.
0 Likes