Original topic:

M30S Motherboard not working

(Topic created on: 04-26-2021 06:22 PM)
Nirupa S Mogili
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy M

Hi Samsung Users,

I purchased Samsung M30S through their online portal in Nov 2019. Last week (ie on 19 april 2021), as I was checking my emails the phone switched off in spite of having approximately 80% charge. I tried all methods to switch it on as suggested in this forum. It was stuck at logo. I took it to the authorized service centre and they gave me a estimate of Rs.5482 approximately for motherboard replacement. I was shocked beyond words. My phone is only 17 months old..How can the motherboard run into issues so early into the life of a phone.

I emailed to the customer service about my plight and they came back with their standard reply.." Phone is out of warranty, replace the motherboard at your own cost. The problem has not arisen due to our software update."

I purchased this phone for Rs.13,999 and now I am expected to cough off Rs.5482 in a span of 17 months for motherboard replacement. This is inspite of the fact that I don't play games on my phone, use the original charger provided by the company. I still cannot comprehend why this issue has cropped up. 

Nevertheless, I am disappointed with this purchase of mine  and not intending to look at any Samsung product in the future.

Has anybody else faced a similar issue. Pls let me know how to go about this.

2 Comments
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
There are 2 points which I want to tell you:

1. Its an electronic device and it can have issues at any point in its lifespan (my M31s had a motherboard issue and had to get it replaced within 4 months of purchase).

2. M30s devices are having motherboard failure at a large scale due to software issues.

There is honestly no way to understand whether it is due to a software corruption or hardware failure, from what you have written, you were normally using your phone, which means it was not after any software update, and implies that its a hardware failure, so unfortunately, you have to pay. And the point is valid my friend, if its out of warranty, you have to pay.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes