Original topic:

## M30S Charging issues after update ##

(Topic created on: 10-10-2020 10:37 AM)
yash2797
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy M
Dear SamsungIndia ,
The m30s received long awaited update couple of days back..and thus brings bugs.. The battery is draining far too quickly. And charging time has also increased by an hour. Takes too much time to charge and battery drains so quickly under same usage as before update and same supplied charger in the box. Took me 3hrs 40 mins to charge 0 to 100% Insane. 
Please provide the best solution.
15 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
calibrate the battery.
1. discharge completely. charge to 100%
2. use code *#0228# and quick start this resets battery fuel gauge and old stats. see if any difference in battery %. now don't use code again and discharge completely.
3. full charge again and do the code again if it stays in 100% your battery is calibrated. if not do process again.
0 Likes
Jay033
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
It is safe?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
this is Samsung's own tool to reset batterystats.bin file without need of rooting like other brands.. yes it is safe but once after battery is calibrated don't do it until next update or if you have any issues with battery backup, charge etc.
0 Likes
yash2797
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
is it okay if I do it after charging normally..cuz I didnt do it just after updating..also there is little heating as compared to before..just what I noticed
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
you can do it whenever you think battery is draining fast or something not correct with charging etc.. just note if battery % before reset and after reset is same your battery is calibrated.. in this case no need of doing it again.
yash2797
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
will following this process give me better battery life as before..Have u tried it. Please share your experience with M30s @ImSRV
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
who are you talking to?
0 Likes
yash2797
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
@IamSRV My question is to you
0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
then reply to my comment so that i can get notified.

yes I'm using it since Samsung launched it from oreo. for results you can check my recent post and compare battery backup and charge time.