Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

M30 S Performance

(Topic created on: 12-07-2019 05:55 PM)
sne123
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy M
Friends planning to buy M30s. kindly suggest. how do you rate its camera, processor etc
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
I am using M30s from 2 months now, and I suppose I can give a honest opinion about this device.

First of talking about the processor, even though it's named Exynos 9611 chipset but it's just a 7 series chipset, I don't know why give it the name of a 9 series chipset (to fool people may be). But, I can vouch for the performance, the processor is properly optimised for battery life and performance. I play graphic intense games, usually I have been playing Call of Duty, I play for 2 hours and my battery usage would still be around 10%.

Talking about the battery life, it's 6000 mAh battery is actually a monster. It can give you SOT of around 10-15 hours depending on your usage and battery life around 1.2 to 1.5 days but it's completely dependent on your usage. But, I must tell you this that people on this forum has complained of network issues which could be a cause for their heavy battery drain. Most of them were not happy with the battery life that they were getting.

Third and the biggest issue that I have with this device is the image camera quality, it's not good enough for a 48 MP camera, images are full of noise and tend to pixelate on zooming. It manages to capture details but as soon as you zoom into it, it will just simply look bad. Previously there was issue with autofocus but the recent update seemed to have resolved it. Plus they added some AR Doodle camera feature which is available in the flagships(I don't find it that useful).

Also, something that's worth noting is that many Samsung features have been removed from M series devices, like Good Lock Support, Samsung Pay, Knox Security and few more things that are available in A series devices. So, if you think that these are important stuff and something that you can't live without. Go for A series.
0 Likes
sne123
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Thanks bro , with your very thought full review. I can count on them . so now I have decided not to go ahead with it , which model should I now go for with the max budget of 14k
0 Likes
Solution
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
It depends on your requirements. What type of phone are you looking for? Should it be camera centric or a gaming phone. Are you only looking for a Samsung phone or other brands will do for you?
sne123
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
looking for phone with good camera quality. very rarely play games so the priority is simple has to be gr8 rear camera in low light. looking something from stock android. not so much keen on other UI. basic requirements will be 4gb ram /64 GB internal memory with good & fast processor & my budget is not much. expandable 14k
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M

If you are looking for a camera centric phone in stock android then you should check out Mi A3, it has the best camera coupled with the stock android experience. It comes with camera2api support out of the box, so you can use Gcam with it without rooting the device. 

But there's a tradeoff, it comes with a 720p sAMOLED panel, so display won't be the same as Samsung's. But it does helps in providing a superb battery life, the Mi A3 comes with a 4000 mAh battery  with the 720p panel and the power efficient chipset the battery easily lasts for 2 days. 

Now, the display could be a dealbreaker for some but that's the only con of that device otherwise its a great smartphone, infact my first preference was Mi A3 and i was okay with the 720p panel too but my brother purchased this M30s as a gift for me and now I am using this device. 

i would recommend you to check that phone in person by visiting a nearest Xiaomi Centre in your area, that would help you decide properly whether you would want that phone or not but overall it's a great camera phone in that price segment and you get the stock android too

0 Likes
sne123
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Thanks again for your insightful analysis and suggestions. vl definitely visit xiaomi center and have feel of it. Really very good understanding on these gadgets. My gadgets guru. wondering how do I keep in touch , once I change to other brand. Thanks once again.
0 Likes
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
Don't worry, you'll always find someone who would be helpful in other forums too. Meanwhile, you can yourself stay updated with new infos if you follow some tech blogging website. Follow, Android Authority or Android Central or Android Police. That way you won't have to ask for other people's help😄
0 Likes
punshu
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
plz don't purchase any m series device.
0 Likes
sne123
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
which model do you recommend then
0 Likes
punshu