(Topic created on: 05-16-2021 12:00 PM)
savagearpit
Expert Level 2
Options
Galaxy M
DISCLAIMER- PLEASE USE DARK MODE FOR READING MY REVIEW🙏

Hi there,
 How you all doing?
 Stay home 🏡and stay safe in this pandemic.

I'm using Samsung galaxy M21 since july 2020.
 When i got my device it used to get heat up a lot and sometimes it becomes uncomfortable to hold. I was not able to use camera for more than 2-3 minutes.

Then at that time i felt like i've been cheated by Samsung.

But with the updates the heating issue has decreased a lot but afterall its an exynos 9611 SOC ,the heating issues and major lagging issues are still there while doing my online classes and some other works,
 interestingly when i play games like PUBG & COD this device performs pretty well with no major FPS drops and no major heating. 

I don't know why some so called tech youtubers always say that exynos is not made for gaming stuffs. I think it's all depends on the optimization and one ui 3 is really good at it.

The battery 🔋backup is amazing 👏 so kudos to samsung's 6000mah monstrous battery & one ui optimization . I haven't get SOT lesser than 10:30 hrs with a full charged battery till now. The SOT ranges around 10:30 hrs to 13:30 hrs with my usage.
 See 👇 

Camera of M21 is decent i would say. Not great but it gets the job done. The Camera App of Samsung is not well optimized. Whenever i open the camera app this phone starts heating up like hell and don't know why it consumes a heavy amount of ram and starts lagging sometimes and my phone just crashes with a black screen for 1-2 minutes untill it cools down then it simply just restarts itself automatically( but this issue has been solved a lot with the OTA updates but yes not completely)

Lastly i would like to talk about the OTA updates on this device. Samsung is really doing great in terms of giving latest android updates. Fastest even in the budget M series. But there are a lot of bugs which comes as a gift 🎁 with the updates and these are the minor bugs which the developers can observe easily but they are just ignoring it. Overall I'm happy with the updates because it improved my M21 a lot.

Verdict: This phone is good for light users who usually uses their phones for calling, multimedia, chatting on social media and casual gamers. For Students and camera enthusiasts like me who do their online classes and photography this phone is not for you because it heats up a lot while attending classes, using camera in outside environment and drains battery faster. And yes heating issues with normal usage are still there even after the one ui 3.1 core update.

23 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Very well explained
But for the next time please use normal colours as i was going blind while reading the whole para
savagearpit
Expert Level 2
Galaxy M
So sorry for that..
Actually I've written this with dark mode turned on.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Alright man!
This type of post on this platform makes it more interesting to use
savagearpit
Expert Level 2
Galaxy M
Thanks 😊
0 Likes
Galaxy M

Yes, keep it normal next time.

0 Likes
SrajTech
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Galaxy M21 is still one of the best phone under 14k, with a beautiful display, good camera, Decent performance and monster battery with comfortable design.
The issues will be solved through updates
It is the best part of Samsung that they give stable and bug free updates generally and improve the user experience
savagearpit
Expert Level 2
Galaxy M
Yeah everything is great except the camera app and heating issue.. which i think will be soved with the ota updates
SrajTech
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
The Camera app is a bit heavy and not well optimised, hope they will fix it in upcoming updates
savagearpit
Expert Level 2
Galaxy M
Yeah i hope soo