Original topic:

M Series Apps Support

(Topic created on: 03-05-2020 08:54 PM)
PunitVerma
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy M
Hello members, 
Many of us are using M Series phones and have faced some issues when it comes to installing Samsung apps and services through Google Play Store.

So here's some things which you need to know about M series
  • M series have One UI Core which is different from One UI. One UI Core have basic functionality support of Samsung apps and service. 
  • M series(except M10s) doesn't support Knox. So It won't support apps like Secure Folder, Samsung Pay etc.

Unavailability of Knox on M series

• Some Samsung apps are not available on Google Play Store for M series like Samsung Members, Samsung Internet, Samsung Music etc. is because of the reason that M series apps have different versions and Google Play Store doesn't support multiple version for multiple devices. You can Install/Update these apps from Galaxy Store.

FAQs
Q. What is One UI Core & why M Series phones has it?
Ans.: Samsung designed M series to compete with other companies in terms of performance & price so they'd come up with the One UI Core which is optimized version of One UI. 

Q. Will my M series phone will get full One UI in future?
Ans.: No, it won't. Those phones which are released with One UI Core and currently running on One UI Core will not receive One UI in future.

Q. Why Google Play Store shows apps no longer compatible?

Ans.: Galaxy M series uses a different version of APK from rest of the models. Since only 1 apk can be uploaded to the google play store, Samsung only uploads/registers basic apk for basic models as a representative. That's why sometimes you are unable to install apps on Google play store.

Q. How can I install/update Samsung apps which are not available on Play Store?
Ans.: You can install/update Samsung apps through Galaxy Store. 

Some Samsung apps Galaxy store links are given below

Samsung Members: 

Samsung Music: 

Samsung Internet Browser:

Samsung Notes:

Samsung Video Library:

I hope you find this post helpful. If you still have doubts and issues about M series, you can ask in the comments. 
Thank you
26 Comments
EdoMadara
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
So, is there any way i can install Goodlock with modules on my m30s?
0 Likes
PunitVerma
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
No there's no way of installing Goodlock as well as it's modules.
0 Likes
akhil094
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
I can still run 4 good lock modules and 1 galaxy lab module by using few tricks that I know. Lol. they just lie. One UI core can run many apps (not all) but the thing is they just locked the installation of side loaded apks and you should have know the trick in order to install those apks. 😄😄😄
0 Likes
Jellybean6358
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
then what about m21 it will get one ui 2.1 and android 11?
0 Likes
PunitVerma
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
yes it'll get Android 11 with latest One UI core. Stay tuned and keep checking Samsung Members app notice section.
0 Likes
Jellybean6358
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
will m21 will get one ui 2.1 update?
0 Likes
PunitVerma
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
I think One UI 3.0 is there with Android 11. I'm not sure what Samsung will release with Android 11. So better wait.