Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Knox in M31?

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 10:04 PM)
AjaiX2015
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy M
What is KnoxVpnPacProcessor and Knox enrollment service ? I thought that M series in general lacks the Knox feature and when I searched in settings I found these two in my m31.How is it different from the Knox which the top midrange devices?Is there any benefit of having these two in my M31?
9 Comments
Solution
EdoMadara
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
There just the remanant services and activities that come from the original firmware from which M31's firmware was derived from. These are pieces of software which wont work unless the actual knox hardware is present, which is not the case with your device. This knox hardware is present only in flagships and higher range A series.
Also, no theres no benefit of having them.
0 Likes
AjaiX2015
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Then can I remove them?
0 Likes
EdoMadara
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
I think you can-via adb. But do this only if theres a guide on xda specifically targeted on removing these. (I think theres one.) But I dont see any reason to remove them. Unless they are running in the bg and consuming battery and data, you shouldn't remove them.
Galaxy M
What are you saying? Man😂
Are you kidding? There is no benefit having knox in the device. Grow up man😂. You should google what knox is also one more thing Google titan chip. Check some posts. Then come here and reply.
0 Likes
EdoMadara
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Can you be a bit clear for what youre saying
0 Likes
Galaxy M
I am taking about security chip that embedded in smartphones.
0 Likes
AMPK
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
Yes it is there in M30S also don't know what it is for.
0 Likes
AjaiX2015
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
I asked the same to Samsung.The Knox enrollment service is a deployment tool for Knox service in a corporate environment. No use for a normal user.
The other I don't think they are sure about it either.They gave me a link which was not useful.As EdoMadara posted, it maybe a remnant service or it may have something to do with Samsung Max.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
Yeah Knox mostly for corporate environment but. If privacy matter then knox is there to help you. This security feature makes samsung unique among other Chinese brands.