Original topic:

Key highlights of July 2020 Security Patch release on Galaxy M30s

(Topic created on: 07-14-2020 04:43 PM)
Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy M
Yesterday, Sammy surprised us all with another "monthly" update in its "quarterly" schedule and this time with notable changes:

1. The Good:
  • Brightness issue completely resolved and now, nighttime viewing is a pleasure.
  • Lags and micro-stutters that cropped up after June Security Patch is now gone. 
  • 48 MP camera now more flexible with Flash and Zoom capabilities added back. HOWEVER, HDR is still not enabled and flash mode available is only in Auto mode.
3. The Unchanged:
  • Battery life is more or less seems similar since initial Android 10 release and standby time has slightly improved. (I will edit post if anything noteworthy or mentionable).
  • Charging speed improvement in June Security Patch is retained. No complaints here.
  • There's still no support for Knox Security or Goodlock for some reason.
  • The "motion effect" in wallpaper is still missing.
  • The battery stats in "Device Care" is still useless and misleading.
4. The Bad:
  • Samsung, with no prior notice or "opt out" option, added a dumb wallpaper feature called "Glance". This shows a wallpaper that updates weekly with personalized content and ads on the lockscreen. This is so stupid that it doesn't even show lockscreen notifications. I disabled this immediately (source in comments).
  • Samsung automatically wasted my mobile data and installed Snapchat and another dumb a s s game without any notification, which I had to uninstall manually.
5. Unconfirmed Changes:
  • Some users claimed their cellular reception improved but, I see no such changes. I never had network issues before either.
  • Some users also claimed that RCS support was added but I saw no option for the same.

Overall, Samsung pushed a good update this time with good improvements. I only wish they didn't add that useless wallpaper feature.
17 Comments
meetsingh
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
HD videos is still not streaming and downloading on Amazon prime video and Netflix. since June update.
0 Likes
Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Dept of Telecommunications has disabled HD streaming to avoid bottlenecks in Data Traffic. That's a region-specific issue and not a phone issue.
0 Likes
meetsingh
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
but before June update all was good.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
It's a bug brother. Hope it will be fixed. 👍👍
0 Likes
meetsingh
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
yup hope it'll be resolved soon.
0 Likes
śãmîřá
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
good information
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
1. You can't get knox through ota. M30s doesn't have knox

https://www.samsungknox.com//knox-platform/supported-devices

2. There is no restriction right now only YT has it. Prime lifed it on June 20. Its drm issues I. E bug in update.

3. RCS option is not new it was there from the start but only jio sim supported. Others claiming that Vodafone idea got support from latest update.
0 Likes
vipexjasoliya
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
but LTE+ (lte-A) not interested 😭
0 Likes