Original topic:

Issues with Background downloads

(Topic created on: 07-03-2021 08:22 PM)
ĞåłąxýM21
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy M
After updating M21 to Android 11, I am not able to download big files like movies and games in background or keeping screen off. Also unable to update apps from play store or galaxy store keeping screen off.
 Download either loses network connection or gets paused as soon as screen gets off. I have already added that particular app [even Samsung internet] in the list of never sleeping apps but problem not solved.
19 Comments
Galaxy M
okay 👌. It means I need to contact service center.
0 Likes
geometry
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
Please, proceed without wasting a second.👍👍👍
0 Likes
Ash_Ali
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I have the exact same problem, I think it's in the new software update. I have a Samsung galaxy s21 ultra and when using Samsung Internet to download large files (example movies) im unable to download in the background, each time phone goes into lock mode the download pauses ands it frustrating. 

Last night I got my old phone out Samsung s9 plus (not yet updated software in that) and used the same site to download the same movie locked the phone and went to sleep, woke up this morning and movie had been downloaded. Funny how s9 plus can do this but the s21 ultra cannot. 

It's not the phones I think it's either a fault in the new software update or it's been done deliberately by Samsung. 

If you do find a fix do let me know please.

0 Likes
AMPK
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
Try deleting data of Google play store and restart
0 Likes
anandvr
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
Lock the app .If not solved, turn off battery optimization for that particular app
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

Madhav1
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
yeah i am also facing this problem in m21
0 Likes
honaka
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
I have on protection option to protect from virus and hacker and now I forget from where I open it and now I'm unable to download background files
0 Likes
Galaxy M
Settings > battery and device care > menu > automation > auto scan for malware
0 Likes
NitinKosuru
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
Samsung problem with my m31
0 Likes