Original topic:

Is it worth to buy a new phone released a year ago? ly a

(Topic created on: 01-29-2021 03:46 PM)
Dek_Zhod_D
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M

Hi,

Today smartphone obsolescence is very high. We can hardly use a phone for 3 year. After that some apps will stop working or slow down the phone. So my concern is, "is it worth to buy a new phone released a year ago"? 

Because, anyway, it has old software, old security, etc. Even if we update the phone to latest, effectively I am loosing one good year to use that phone, right?

For example M31 is a successful phone still selling good. But is it good to buy it now? Or wait for its successor. 

What about Other series such as Galaxy A series which is internationally accepted series? Does Samsung has a strategy to provide extended support for International A series than Indian and Budget M series?

Thanks,

-Dek_Zhod_D

0 Likes
11 Comments
shiv33
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
take A series almost all features will get like A51 or A71 is most popular on A series otherwise wait for new A series phone
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
A series is not "internationally accepted", its just sold all over the world. Anyways, if we see, M31 will get Android 12 as the last Android update. So it depends on what you want, if you care for updates or not etc. You won't loose one good year to use the phone. It will still work even after end if support.
Solution
Galaxy M
If you're going for a stripped off ui( I personally like core ui) and battery M series is your choice. As for now, M31 came with Android 10 out of the box meaning it'll get up to Android 12 and is currently on 11. Not exactly obselete. If you're planning to get M31's successor then you'll have to wait a while as M series comes after it's A series counterpart meaning it'll take a long time,
Galaxy M
note that this is purely my observation and speculation so Samsung could surprise us with M32,
_HK02_
Expert Level 2
Galaxy M
Some A series phones are getting discontinued , so it means that u may get more priority on the new A series phones . So i suggest to go for it
Galaxy M
if it's about major update drop, it's just a cycle where old phones get dropped off,
0 Likes
_HK02_
Expert Level 2
Galaxy M
Ohh , okay
0 Likes
Galaxy M
If you have the money about 27k go for A71. If not then wait for M31 successor.
Galaxy M
huh? isn't M51 both cheaper and better? it also have a more powerful processor