Original topic:

Internet and Network issue when phone is locked

(Topic created on: 01-13-2021 01:51 PM)
Akhilpathak
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Community, 

I am having a weired phone breaking bugs in my Samsung M51, when the phone is locked apperantly I can't have any calls, the SIM is shown to be "Unrechable" or "Out of network area", also I use WA web extensively and it shows that "Phone isn't connected to internet" after 2-3 min of locking the device. 

Sometimes even after unlocking I have to toggle Airplane mode ON-OFF to get the SIM to respond, Same issue is with WiFi. 

Uptill now I have played aroud with Battery optimisation settings, did a Network reset but to no avail :(
If any of you have similar issue and have resolved it one way or another, please help me. 

0 Likes
3 Comments
Galaxy M
It doesn't seem like a sim issue to me.
Its a software issue or cache issue. Do factory reset after dalvik cache clear or check once in safe mode.

If it exists again then tell us!!
0 Likes
Akhilpathak
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy M

Ok I will try and do a Factory reset this weekend.

0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please be assured and to resolve "internet" issue please follow below given step:

>>Reset and set new APN : Navigate to apps screen and tap on Settings>> Connections >> Mobile networks>> Access point name >> Tap on menu (three dots) then tap on Reset to defaults>> Reset.
How to set new APN : Navigate to apps screen and tap on Settings>> Connections >> Mobile networks>> Access point name >> add> name>>enter name >>ok>>apn>>enter apn >>ok >>menu >> save.

And to resolve "network" issue please follow below given step:

>>Check device in safe mode:- Power off the device > Press and hold the Power key for one or two seconds to turn on the device > When the Samsung logo appears, press and hold the Volume down key.
To exit safe mode: Restart your device.

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question) along with screenshots, short videos and error log file, so that we can assist you accordingly.

Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes