Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

I have a question about sAMOLED Displays

(Topic created on: 04-17-2020 04:17 PM)
Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy M
Specifically, I'm here to ask about the AMOLED display on my M30s.

Is it just me or do everyone else notice a slight lag in colour reproduction while scrolling from something showing "black" colour to something of any other colour?

Does it feel like the blacks are smudging while scrolling, for like a millisecond or so?

I can't put the question properly in words. But, say for example, I have a completely black first half of screen (where pixels turn off) and I scroll through some feed that brings a grey colour (just for example) from the bottom to the top part of the display where black was being shown, I think it feels like the blacks just disappear slower than the scroll speed to show the grey colour.
18 Comments
ajsingh004
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
well i know what you're trying to say..and it happens with black backgrounds of every device with an amoled panel..the panel is designed like this..not flaw and not visible to be honest..but if you try to look closely it appears to be there..and it'll happen more when using bluelight filter and dark mode.
Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
So, the slight smudging of "deep blacks" (feels like a trail of black colour is left while scrolling) is normal on all AMOLED displays?

I kinda notice it a lot because I used a IPS LCD screen before which did not have this "issue".
0 Likes
ajsingh004
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
yup..it happens on all..ips lcd are fabricated a little different..these displays are more saturated..if you change the display settinfs to natural is settings..it won't bug you much..try that..
0 Likes
ajsingh004
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
settings>display>screen mode> natural
0 Likes
Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
It happened in "Natural" setting too.

But I'll try and see if it's less noticeable.

Thanks, buddy!
0 Likes
Solution
ajsingh004
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
👍👍this is the max we can do..display technogies are like this..i use an s10+ and its not much noticeable on it..but still i get what you're saying..and it's an issue with amoled..you buy xaiomi,one plus,apple(yes apple also in dark mode) all tend to do this..but its slightly less noticeable on flagships because a better amoled panel but it's there.
Aashish
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M
Yes bro the black smudge/ trail effect is normal on our phones. It's a little less with higher refresh rate panels.
sat123sat
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Even I have the same problem. I use samsung galaxy M51. its display is sAMOLED plus. at first I thought it might be a software issue. then after searching in internet i came to know that its the prob with AMOLEDs, when brightness is low can observe black color lag clearly. I previously owned Oneplus 3T(optic AMOLED), vivo V9 (ips lcd display) and iphone7 (retina ips lcd) and never experienced this issue. Display quality of M51 is great but cant watch a movie at low brightness.

Sanjeev14
Active Level 3
Galaxy M

It's happening on my m21 as well, when I scroll, the black portion leaves a bit of dark blue colour... does it happen similarly to you?

0 Likes