Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

How to update my mobile using Smart switch?

(Topic created on: 07-14-2020 09:33 AM)
inzamam001
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy M
I read somewhere in the comments that using Smart Switch to update the phone is recommended because it's more stable. 

I want to know the steps to upgrade my m30s using smart switch.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-M/July-security-update-in-M30s/td-p/4874486

Just install it in pc/laptop it will do everything. You need good and high speed WiFi as it downloads whole rom around 3.5gb every time.

View solution in context

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
to shutter speed o.5 hone se camera keyun crush ho raha hain tera?🤣🤣🤣Samsung provides non A/ B type ota software only ..so it's allaways better to use smart switch or direct flash through odin tools over data....jis din note 9 jaisa display udd jayega simply update se tab pata chalega software holes hote kya hain actually 😑 🤣🤣🤣 ..me ie nehi bol raha hoon ki sabka device problem karta hain ..software thik thak installed ho jaye to koi problem nehi ...lekin problem ie hain ki software most of times thik se install nehi hota mobile data or wifi se aur problem ate hain ....agar wifi aur mobile data procedure hain to kisi bhi same devices me same software ke liye different different issues nehi dikhate.....flash karo firmware to agar built-in software ke issues hain to har same devices me same issue dikhayega.....even Samsung developer team ,service center never give acceptance for simply install software by using mobile data or little fluctuating wifi

View solution in context

59 Comments
chitti1998
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
download and install smart switch on pc and phone. connect your phone to pc and open smart switch.
chitti1998
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
there it shows the update if available. internet is needed.
inzamam001
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
thanks
Galaxy M
after installation of smartswitch on your laptop or desktop, open smartswitch and connect your mobile. after doing so if update is available then you will.find an option to update your mobile. all this will happen on the home screen of your smartswitch app
inzamam001
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
thanks
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-M/July-security-update-in-M30s/td-p/4874486

Just install it in pc/laptop it will do everything. You need good and high speed WiFi as it downloads whole rom around 3.5gb every time.
inzamam001
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
ok thanks
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
For your kind info.. In windows also clean install is recommended for major updates.
Freash install new install in android. You are just changing the topic. Also if you aware of mediatek/snapdragon devices they use sp flash tool and many in that there is a option called nand erase everything. If you click whole firmware will be erased and you cannot turn on until you flash os again. Where as in odin nand erase separate not available but it is available as flash+nand erase on Samsung devices which do same thing like clean install. Resetting fixes who said? Check community itself.. Using in safe mode, resetting also not fixed for some users.
What am I saying is data connection is not relaible also slow, because of that pause/ resume of update occurs which further gives trouble. Also WiFi/Lan in pc/laptop is more stable than mobile in my opinion.
And I too had issues with smartswitch in past. So I use odin.
Best example I used odin to update to 10 rather ota. June 1 it got march security update I don't have my laptop then so used ota using WiFi. After I too got many issues like restart, drain and main WiFi. I used like that for 20days even reset didn't help I got fed up and reflashed using odin. Now I don't have any issues.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Yes I used smartswitch by his suggestion. But if you see my previous comments I use odin to update. Im samsung user from 2012 and I have been using odin from 2015 which Samsung service centre suggested. If I explain everything it will be big but still in 2017 Dec my J7 prime then got oreo update I used smartswitch to update and it tripped my knox. I went to Samsung service center the guy used same odin to flash again and said that smartswitch is not yet good as odin to flash. As my mobile was not under warranty he just said sorry and asked me to replace motherboard at 4k I recall. He himself suggested me to use odin than smartswitch. This is 2017 story. From then I never used smartswitch but only odin. Odin is advanced method to flash. Expert by Internet? Lol you can become expert only when you experience it. I have been in xda developers team from years, I have been tester, maker of custom roms. My J7 prime currently has android 10. From 1 year I. E after btech I left xda and currently has M30s as primary device. So don't say something that you don't know.
0 Likes