Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

How to permanently disable Auto-update check on M30s?

(Topic created on: 11-12-2019 05:57 AM)
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy M

On the 5th of this month, Samsung pushed the 3rd software update for M30s; However, from the previous bitter update experience, i didn't dare to install it. And my hunch was right, a lot of our members have complained about reduced battery life after the update.

Ok, Now Let's come to my question.

>In the software setting Auto-update is off.

Screenshot_20191110-180511_Settings.jpg

>In developer option Auto-update system is off.

Screenshot_20191110-180306_Settings.jpg

But still, my phone is randomly connected to the server every day and notify me about the new update.

Update notificationUpdate notificationAuto-checkingAuto-checking

There is anything we can do to prevent it?

19 Comments
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
It seems that your device has downloaded the update package/information. Hence it's constantly notifying you about the same even though you have disabled autoupdate.

You said you have not installed it yet. Install the update and it will go awayπŸ˜…

My device stays connected to WiFi at home throughout the night and yet it doesn't check for automatic updates.
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
@1whoshallnotbenamed

We all know that, this update is a total dumpster fire πŸ”₯ πŸ“›. Heh?
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
I don't know Vaishnavi, people are complaining about the device and even you have pointed out issues related to network and battery. I even agree on certain things, like the poor build quality the subpar camera performance. But, I did not face any issue (related to network and battery) and yes that network switching back and forth thing does happens to me, but only while I am in a commute or in an area with poor signal reception. After reading your review and your other posts I did try testing my network with two other devices. A Moto One Power, Mi A1 and My M30s and too be honest the network seemed fine to me when I compared it with Mi A1 although it was not good like Moto One Power, but Moto One Power supports Carrier Aggregation so it was better than both Mi A1 and M30s.

Regarding the battery, it is holding up pretty well for me after the update, I still get the same amount of screen on time and battery life that I had before the update. But still people are complaining and I sort of trust them. It's an issue from Samsung's Part, their one UI doesn't seems to be that optimised to make good use of the 6000 mAh battery, instead it relies on users to do the optimisation stuff.
I never had to do anything on my android one device. The software experience was too good.

And yes that software update is fineπŸ˜…, to quote in your own words, most people are 'luddite'. They just don't know how the device works (the optimisation stuff) and when things go south they cry foul.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
but I recommend you to let notification on of your new update ..because every Samsung customer had to be received about new updates...that's related to new software update information..bychance if you will disable that, then how you find out, neu software updates information?....but that not being to go through possible software updates.....because...it's totally depends on you ..may you can download and possibly may you are notπŸ‘
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
whom are you trying to hit in the avataar....btw never take long screen shot...your content does not appear clearly
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
@imprompt

Trying out some typical girly πŸ’ƒ πŸ‘― poses πŸ€­πŸ˜….

Point noted πŸ“– πŸ–ŠοΈ
Solution
Galaxy M

Hi there,

Please perform the following steps:

Reset the device settings by navigating to Settings >> General Management >> Reset >> Reset Settings.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung members app(Open Samsung members app>click on β€œ+β€œicon>send feedback>Error report/ Ask Questions).

Regards,
Team Samsung Members

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
all questions same answer from Samsung 🀣🀣🀣
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
without root how it can disable permanently Samsung? 🀣🀣🀣
VermaRahul
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
And I have everything on even i was always connected on Wi-Fi but I didn't get any notifications regarding software updates anytime
After seeing posts on samsung members app I checked for updates manually then I got new updates each time.