Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

How to permanently disable Auto-update check on M30s?

(Topic created on: 11-11-2019 01:39 PM)
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy M

On the 5th of this month, Samsung pushed the 3rd software update for M30s; However, from the previous bitter update experience, i didn't dare to install it. And my hunch was right, a lot of our members have complained about reduced battery life after the update.

Ok, Now Let's come to my question.

>In the software setting Auto-update is off.

Screenshot_20191110-180511_Settings.jpg

>In developer option Auto-update system is off.

Screenshot_20191110-180306_Settings.jpg

But still, my phone is randomly connected to the server every day and notify me about the new update.

Update notificationUpdate notificationAuto-checkingAuto-checking

There is anything we can do to prevent it?

19 Comments
narcotix
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
the server will connect and download the update but it will not install it automatically. it will be downloaded and kept in your phone . it will not get installed because you have de selected the option of auto update
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
it's nothing but notification of update information..if you disabled already auto update over wifi, then your device will not update automatically......understand the difference....one is notification about update another is auto update option
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
@narcotix

I think it's not downloaded since it's ask me to download the file. I'm quite sure about it because the last two times got the same notification and i installed it by clicking the download button and you can real time see the progress of download as well. By the way, thanks for the response 🤝
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
@photographys9

I completely comprehend that one is notification about update and other is Auto-update option.

But why my device randomly connect to server and show me the updates notification even if i disabled all choices. From the screen shot on my question you can see that it's automatically connecting to the server. similarly I'm mulling over why there is no option to disable the update notification 🔔

See the screenshot.
Galaxy M
I am not sure..but you may check another setting..
go to settings>biometrics and security>here select other security settings>now disable security policy updates

NOTE: I AM NOT SURE WHETHER MY COMMENT WILL GONNA SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM OR NOT, IT'S JUST A WILD GUESS..
OR
EK BAAR WIFI BAND KARK DEKHO..SHAYAD YE NOTIFICATION BAND HO JAYE

mere device me sab on hai...fir bhi kuch ni aata🤣😂..may be ye notification issue hai(only on wifi/again, I am guessing)
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
There is no such options on M series devices, since we are from the base of the Samsung marketing hierarchy 😪
Galaxy M
Vaishnavi,I am just guessing..ho sakta hai..uski wajah se na bhi ho..turn off wifi and check if this notification is still popping up..
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
@Sidhabhi

Once or twice a day even when wifi is off. i got a notification a few minutes back and I'm on mobile data.😑
Rahulpr
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
they will infored there team give an update for ur phn.just neglect it if u nt like to update