Original topic:

How to lock apps in Galaxy M30s ?

(Topic created on: 06-03-2020 02:31 PM)
AdiVV
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy M
Even though there is a "App Lock" tool installed in M30s but there is no option /link available in "Advanced settings" in order to lock specific apps. 

Therefore, one can download another app by the name S Secure which has been developed by Samsung company and is available for download at the below link :

The steps are explained in the video (in Hindi) at the below link :

Info - The above S Secure app download link is also listed in the YouTube video description section 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Adi

17 Comments
csgurjar
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
how to lock apps
0 Likes
MasterVarad
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Hey AdiVV here's a solition for you:
you can see that app lock application is installed but yoi cant use it. I dont know why samsung disabled this feature but you can enable it....
1. Install Quick shortcut maker app from Play store.
2.Then open it and find app lock
3.Under that you will se many options choose third last option.
4. Then click on Try .
5.then you will se app lock screen
just set your password and choose apps to lock . Then go back to app and press create shortcut.
then you can use it any time.
6. Now after creating shortcut you can actually uninstall the external app. 😜
7. And you are ready to go.
NOTE: this is Samsung official app lock 🔐 😎
THANK ME LATER 😃
IF IT HELPS YOU MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW ME.
MasterVarad
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
PROOF 😅 I CANT ATTACH MORE THAN 4 AT ONE COMMENT
0 Likes
1Pavan
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy M

This is a cool find 👍🏻.

+ I was able to use this to launch the hidden 'App Lock' settings.

- The app is not compatible with my android version so i cannot create an icon for the hidden app lock.

- Readers should that most of the apps that you usually want privacy for already provide app lock feature these days.
+ Few built in apps like sms, settings don't have it. This would be useful there.
- But once the app is unlocked you need to turn off screen and turn on again to lock it again. Closing the locked app won't lock it.

- Also there's the pin app feature in samsung which might also be enough privacy when handing someone your phone.

MasterVarad
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
👍✌️
0 Likes
Vaishnaviverma
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

If anyone uninstall this app(given in the link) from the mobile then there will be access to the locked apps...

0 Likes
sheff34
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy M
This article was extremely helpful since there was an issue with the motherboard of my phone and as the issue was resolved by the customer care service provider they uninstalled certain apps includes this S Secure too...And I was facing major with the app security and recently came across this Article...
A big thank you to AdiVV....
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
0 Likes
d0bby
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
I can't enable fingerprint lock on s secure
0 Likes