Original topic:

How to block messages in Samsung Galaxy M30s?

(Topic created on: 10-20-2019 08:18 PM)
sagark23
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy M
Previously I was using devices with stock Android and it had the option to block spam messages. Can anyone suggest if that can be done in M30s? I can  mute the messages but not block them. 

P.S. : In order to block I have to save the number, but I cannot save these spam message as they do not have any numbers. 
11 Comments
guna50
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
u can block the spams also..in the conversation page go to options there you can find " block "
sagark23
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
can you please share a screenshot if possible?
0 Likes
Prano
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Download the stock android messaging app for SMS, and set it as default and you will get all the options over there.
sagark23
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
Yes, that I can do. But wanted to know if the default Samsung messenger app has that option.
0 Likes
Prano
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Its messy, over here and didn't work that flawlessly compared to stock android SMS app. In other word you can say it's missing, if there is no phone number it doesn't work. Just switch to stock android SMS app.
0 Likes
sagark23
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
Yes. And, since now a days everyone is pushing spam messages, that function is very much necessary. A bit surprised to see that missing in Samsung.
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
To the Best of my Knowledge, you can't Block any SMSs without Saving them to your Contact..And thats why the Sender's are also very smart and use to send SMSs to many By a Specific Thread or Nickname. I also faced the same issue but not able to Block without Saving and it is irritating to save & block them as Sometimes you may receive 20-40 Smss in a day..So I installed the "SMS Organizer" from Microsoft and now I am able to block them directly, without saving them..And now getting very very low numbers of SMSs fro such Treads..
sagark23
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
Thanks for the input. But if you use the stock Android messenger app, you will be able to block such messages without adding them in your list directly. Seems, I will have to switch to the other messenger.
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
To Best of my knowledge you can't block directly, either you have to Enter the mobile Number or you have to select from Inbox/Contacts and when you try to block them from Inbox the Treaded Messages, it will show you invalid Number..
0 Likes