Original topic:

How the Phone providers know the sim number that was activated on a device? Can a user know it

(Topic created on: 01-14-2022 09:00 AM)
Jraju1
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M

Hi,

The device manufacturer somehow knows, which sim has been activated on the device imei . But users cannot find it in a best way that he may try with any trick.

Some suggest google play and google services to know the exact date of activation. But If a user reset, hard reset, at that , then the google play and google will not show the correct date of first sim activation on the phone.

imei coms show other details but not the purchase date. It shows the manufacturing date, which samsung serial number would also say in a way.

Here I want to know, how the manufacturer knows it? Could any one explain

5 Comments
Galaxy M
No a user can't really know that.

When a new SIM card is inserted (In some phones an SMS is sent to samsung servers to activate the device) and in some phones when u are setting up the device and it asks for internet and at that time phone communicates with the server with required information.

If that helped/solved your query, accepting my comment as solution by touching 3 dots near it will be appreciated.
0 Likes
HECKER_Sr
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
I don't understand clearly what he said 😑
0 Likes
Jraju1
Active Level 4
Galaxy M

Hi, va, do not understand, your service provider like bsnl , airtel only activate the sim and I do not think , that samsung has anything to do with sim activation or receiving the message of sim activation.

Internet access is entirely different. Simple wifi connection will activate the internet.

But sim activation can only be done with sim providers

0 Likes
Galaxy M
Okay bro, Suit yourself. Have a good day.

(BTW in your post we were talking about Handset activation, not SIM activation.)
0 Likes
Jraju1
Active Level 4
Galaxy M

Hi, I mean imei activation by sim

0 Likes