Original topic:

HUGE performance issues on Galaxy M51 after OneUI 3.1 update

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 06:31 PM)
bahahaha
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy M
I'm noticing a huge performance drop and thermal throttling while playing graphically intensive games after receiving the OneUI 3.1 update more than a month ago. 

On OneUI 2.5, Call of Duty: Mobile used to run butter smooth on low graphics + max FPS and Real Racing 3 did not heat up my phone. Now under the same settings, Call of Duty lags a lot and my phone heats up while playing Real Racing 3. And yes, I've also enabled the Priority Mode on Game Booster and have set the game(s) to run on Max FPS via Game Booster Plus.

Please release an update to fix this soon. It's disappointing not to be able to play games without frame drops on a SD 730G/6GB RAM phone.

UPDATE: 

16 Comments
bahahaha
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Useless comment. 😂

Read the whole post before replying.
0 Likes
abhishady
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Nothing is useless.. I read it already.
bahahaha
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
I said it is useless because clearing memory/cache of the game does nothing, I always turn off Bluetooth when not in use, M51 doesn't have a high refresh rate display and the battery saver is always off when playing heavy games. 🤣

Currently my workaround is to force limit the resolution to 50% for CODM via Game Booster Plus.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your device heating issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-device-heats-up-during-use/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
RoyApurba
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
Call Of Duty stops as soon as temperature reaches 43degC. Very disappointing.
0 Likes
vinnu12
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy M
Yes while play COD mobile on M51 ,after a time COD mobile crashes
0 Likes
Archmage
Active Level 2
Galaxy M

I know right. I so am regretting buying this. My family told me that Samsung is all about heating and lagging, Never buy their devices, But I didn't listen. I even regret recommending their smartphones to my relatives. While playing CODM, PUBG Mobile, The device starts to behave weirdly. The overheating, Which obviously leads to thermal throttling, The extreme frame drops. On the other hand, Other chinese smartphones being sold at half the price than M51, Performs amazingly, No kidding. My Goodness! I'm done now. 

0 Likes