Original topic:

Green tint and flickering in Always On Display in M30s

(Topic created on: 12-03-2020 08:57 PM)
RishiNa
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M
I recently installed the November 2020 security update in my M30s and now the Always On Display feature is broken. A green tint appears as a huge patch just below the clock of Always On Display and the clock too, appears faded along with flickering.

Setting the brightness to Auto also didn't help.

Is anyone else also facing the same problem?
Please help.
4 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
if after update then wipe cache partition and if not worked then do visit service centre and reinstall your software update

Steps to perform.
1) Turn off the device.
2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the spower button.
3) When the Android logo displays, release all keys.
4) Press the Volume down key to navigate and select "Wipe cache partition".
5) Press Power key to select. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Select Reboot System.
6) Press the Power key to restart the device.
Galaxy M
Take to service centre
RishiNa
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
this is how my always on display looks like.

IMG-20201202-WA0004_24894.jpg

0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve the issue kindly follow the given below steps:-

1. Display brightness level:- Kindly set the device display brightness in auto mode (If available).
Steps to adjust brightness in auto mode: Swipe down on the home screen to open notification panel>Turn on Auto brightness. 

2. Reset the device:- Settings >General Management > Tap on Reset.
Note: Before reset make sure to have back up of the data via Smart Switch Mobile App
(Install Smart Switch App > Open > Click on Memory Card Icon >Back Up option > Choose the data for Back up > Back Up).

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app along with screenshots, short videos and error log file(Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes