Original topic:

Google play services battery drain in M51

(Topic created on: 12-15-2020 01:20 PM)
ARJUNB
Expert Level 2
Options
Galaxy M
I have noticed in these 5 days of purchase of m51 this google playe services is consuming alot of battery in the background. I did this, force stop of google play services then storage-clear chache3 and clear data. Restarted the phone did wipe cache also. But nope it did not solve. Auto sync of accounts is also stopped. But this battery drain. Is not solving the problem what to do. Can anyone help. Thanks
15 Comments
Galaxy M
i have seen your previous post you were so happy for it and for battery backup too, then what happened suddenly bro, you were full of confidence
0 Likes
Galaxy M
by the way Google play service is needed to run in background
its inclusive of so many Google services
Galaxy M
Wait for sometime.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
just enable battery optimize option and wait for a day, or use S power planning that can be downloaded through play store or galaxy store and can be accessed in settings
0 Likes
Nick95
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Google play service is essential to run Android, sometimes from there end server side change happens which sometimes causes battery drain, which also get resolved by them at backend. We can't do anything for that.
0 Likes
ARJUNB
Expert Level 2
Galaxy M
everything is good but this particular app is running in the background and consuming the battery

Screenshot_20201215-142323_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Shank_Sar
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
It's not running continuously atleast for me.

Screenshot_20201215-221531_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
ARJUNB
Expert Level 2
Galaxy M
u r lucky
0 Likes
Shank_Sar
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Though this (https://www.howtogeek.com/193982/why-is-google-services-draining-so-much-battery-on-android/) is an old article, but maybe helpful for you.
0 Likes