Original topic:

Ghost touch on fingerprint sensor of M31s

(Topic created on: 10-02-2020 11:59 PM)
daxz
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy M
I am facing issue with fingerprint sensor registering wrong or ghost touch and I am always required to put my pin. Now I have disable the always on for the sensor does anyone else facing similar issue or have a solution. 
0 Likes
10 Comments
Galaxy M
you can try again with cleans sensor and try with one fingure at a time ( i have register both my left and right inder finger in one fingerprint only so if you are also doing that try with one )
0 Likes
daxz
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
issue is even if the phone is kept idle it will kept on detecting wrong fingerprints
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
once go to safemode and observe for next few hrs.
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
steps to turn safemode;
long press on power button>
long press on power off option>click on safemode >your mobile will restart and turn into safemode.

Keep in mind that in this mode only inbuilt system app will work
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
if in safemode not such issue then problem created due to some other apps
0 Likes
daxz
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
I feel like it started after the last update but not sure
0 Likes
daxz
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
I will get a message like you tried 10 times 50 times and require to enter pin
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve the issue of the touch screen of your device kindly follow below given steps:-

1. The phone touch screen could stop working due to physical damage.
Physical damage: The touch screen is broken or damaged. High temperature, cold, moisture, magnet, static electricity can all damage touchscreen of Android phone.

2. Reset the device and before resetting the device make sure to create backup of your device via Smart Switch mobile application or http://www.samsung.com/in/support/smartswitch pc suite
Settings > General Management > Reset.

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
YesItsMe
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
Thank you for the generic reply
0 Likes