Original topic:

Galaxy M51 One UI 3.1 SIM detection Bug

(Topic created on: 05-13-2021 07:03 PM)
NitroGen
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M

I have bought my Galaxy M51 phone in April 2021 from an authorized dealer, and I had no issues for the first month, using One UI 3.0 Android 11

Ever since I updated My phone to One UI 3.1, my handset does not recognize any SIM from my provider , and the above mentioned SIM cards work without any issues in my friend's Galaxy A20, Android 10, One UI 2.0 interface.

I have tried clearing cache in SIM Toolkit Manager, Reset Network settings, even completed  a Factory reset, but issue still persists.

The provider's SIM Toolkit "airtel live!" , is installed automatically, as soon as I insert the SIM cards, but the UI does not detect any SIM, and remains in Emergency mode, and I keep getting "No network detected" when I try to place a call.

I am not even able to use the SIM Manager Options, as they are locked for some reason, also the WIFI calling feature has disappeared from all of the interface.

I receive many important calls a day, and this issue is forcing me to incur severe loss of productivity, as I have to use my SIM in a cheaper Tizen device, which is the only  other device that I own, and sadly I am not in a position to buy a new device.

Kindly resolve this issue, Samsung.

SIM card not detected in my M51SIM card not detected in my M51SIM cards detected in A20SIM cards detected in A20

9 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Check if imei isn't "0" in settings>about phone
(Just make sure imei numbers are some long digited codes and NOT zero, but please, DO NOT SHARE SCREENSHOT, not a good idea to share your imei number with others)
0 Likes
NitroGen
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Nope, my IMEI numbers are not null, I've checked that too

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Okay, then check in settings > connections > mobile networks > access point names
And see if there are any configurations there or just blank
If blank, insert sim in your another Samsung device, copy configurations from same location, replace sim in this one, and enter these copied configs
0 Likes
NitroGen
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

When I opened the Mobile Networks menu before factory reset, none of the settings were accessible, the options were faded and locked.

After factory reset, the mobile networks option is itself not available, WIFI calling feature is also not seen anywhere

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Oh then I'm afraid I won't be able to assist further
0 Likes
NitroGen
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Can you call people without a SIM, using WIFI calling? Forgive my ignorance if that was a stupid question.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Nope, you still do need a sim card to verify your identity, but just that like in case of VoLTE calls, in wifi calls, wifi internet is used as a medium to transport call data packets.
0 Likes
NitroGen
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

But my SIM works without issues in other devices with One UI below 3.0, and other non Samsung-android devices, I'm currently using my SIM from a cheap Tizen phone

0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve your device network issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-mobile-network-issues/#:~:text=1%20Check%2....

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes