Original topic:

Galaxy M31 gets July 2020 security patch in India with new update

(Topic created on: 08-29-2020 09:52 PM)
YatinAngara
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy M

The Galaxy M31 was released earlier this year with Android 10 and the February 2020 security patch. A few months later, Samsung released the April 2020 security patch to the phone. Now, the South Korean firm has started rolling out a new software update to the device with the latest security patch and some new features.

A new software update with firmware version M315FXXU1ATG2 is rolling out to the Galaxy M31 in India. Apart from the July 2020 security patch, the update also brings support for RCS on Vodafone-Idea’s network. Glance, a feature that displays content and ads on the lock screen, is also a part of the update.

The RCS feature allows users to send text and multimedia messages via mobile data or Wi-Fi, unlike traditional SMS. As usual, the update also consists of bug fixes, security enhancements, and stability improvements for the smartphone. The new software update has a file size of 659.44MB, so we would advise you to download it through a Wi-Fi network.

If you’re a Galaxy M31 user in India, and if you haven’t received the update by now, you can check for the update manually by navigating to Settings » Software update and tapping Download and install on the phone. Alternatively, you can also download the new firmware from our firmware section and flash it manually.
SaiVishnuE
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
any new features other than glance and rcs?
0 Likes
YatinAngara
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
The ui has become a lot more smoother, and there are no stutters or lags faced as of now.
0 Likes
YatinAngara
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
If you find this information useful, please select the 3 dots and mark it as solution.
Regards
0 Likes
SaiVishnuE
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
only report option is there in 3 dots
0 Likes
megamonster
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
any battery draining issue
0 Likes
YatinAngara
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
No new features, but smoother ui and lesser or no lags and stutters.
0 Likes
YatinAngara
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
No battery draining issues as of now on my device.
0 Likes
Samsung_9I4BvNr
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Samsung not gaving updates of july security patch to its m 21

Samsung not cares for their mid range phones

0 Likes
Remember
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Sometimes my lockscreen would display a message "make sure home key is clean and dry..." and that's when the fingerprint sensor won't work. I had to manually unlock with a pin. This happen every few hours.

0 Likes
mkp555
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy M
will knox security be given in galaxy m31 in the upcoming days ??
0 Likes