Original topic:

Galaxy M30s Wi-Fi issues after March 2020 security patch update

(Topic created on: 04-06-2020 11:35 AM)
gautamkabiraj
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M

Hi,

I'm facing several Wifi issues ever since the last security patch update (1 March) on my Samsung Galaxy M30s. 

1) "Network speed" of the Wi-Fi automatically goes down to "6Mbps" every few minutes (I've to disconnect and reconnect to the WiFi over and over again). I have a 100 Mbps connection. All other devices connected to same network work just fine.

2) I often get "Connected without Internet" while  my other phones are working perfectly fine on the same network! I have to restart my phone several times to get it to work. It's really frustrating. 

3) My cellular network automatically drops from WiFi calling to LTE every few minutes (5-10). I have to restart Wifi, then restart Wifi calling for it to work. I live in an area where LTE connection is poor, so I have to rely on WiFi calling only.

Please release a fix as soon as possible! (I've been through several forums and I'm quite sure I'm not the only one facing these issues).

Things already tried but didn't work:

1. Phone restart

2. Network reset

3. Factory reset

4. System cache cleanup

5. Router reset

PS: I never had these issues on Android 9. Even the battery life was much better on it. Wish I could just downgrade it back.

Screenshot_20200406-141913_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200406-141906_Settings.jpg

13 Comments
Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
How many devices are connected to your WiFi at a given moment of time?
0 Likes
gautamkabiraj
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

There are three, including my M30s, my old phone (iPhone 7) and my laptop. Even if my friend connects his phone when he comes here, works fine on his. 

Sciphile
Active Level 10
Galaxy M
Try these steps, if it still doesn't works then it's probably a faulty wifi adapter.

https://www.techilife.com/android-connected-wifi-no-internet/
0 Likes
AMPK
Expert Level 3
Galaxy M
Yes it says no internet some times.
0 Likes
RJ96
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
use device mac address
0 Likes
BlackSpectrum
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Try changing Mac Address Type to phone Mac
0 Likes
gautamkabiraj
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Thanks, but no luck :(

0 Likes
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Kindly follow the below mentioned step to improve the performance of the device:

1.Check device in safe mode: Enter safe mode: -  Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears.>Press and hold the power off icon. Exist safe mode: Press volume down and power key simultaneously for 5 seconds to restart the device.

Note: If your device functions correctly in Safe Mode, it is most likely that the issue lies with a 3rd party application that can be uninstalled to resolve the problem

If the issue still persists, kindly attach the log file and send it to us in the Samsung member application (Attach when the issue occurs within first 15 minutes of the occurrence of the issue):-
Samsung Members App > Feedback >Error report > Attach log file for any issue

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
gautamkabiraj
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Sent log file. No response so far.
0 Likes