Original topic:

Full software support for mid range smartphone

(Topic created on: 05-24-2020 07:39 PM)
whatchamacallit
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M
One thing I learnt today is that Samsung uses different software for its smartphone, One Ui for premium series that is A,S and Note series and One Ui core for its M Series smartphone. I don't get this why Samsung is doing this, none of the smartphone brand does this like of this stuff even Apple uses same OS across all its smartphone.
I request Samsung to use same OS across its smartphone and provide timely update even to its mid range smartphone as it does for its premium range ones. The update in mid range smartphone is very pathetic.

5 Comments
Ashwin98
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Bro I think its different due to region or market. Since A,S and Note are global series. Whereas M series is Make in India that's why the Indian Developers may coined the UI as One UI core...
Since J series is also mid range phone, it comes with One UI only . Check with others to confirm that I've uttered is correct or not....
Galaxy M
There are some major difference between both, lots of feature are missing from One Ui Core
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-M/ONE-UI-2-0-VS-ONE-UI-CORE-2-0/td-p/3261004
Also the updates are not as timely as for S, Note series. Samsung focuses more on these don't know why they are doing this, Other brands don't do such type of things
Here is a YouTube videos showing the difference between A and M series running One Ui and One Ui Core respectively
https://youtu.be/rbiABiOSGRU
Galaxy M
No, M series is not region specific. and M series is not Make in India, it is Milleninal.
Galaxy M
Yes,
I have same questions.
But nothing serious issue.
Gallery is is not uploaded in M series to Samsung's cloud,Google photos is there.
Samsung pay we have Google pay.
Good lock not much essential and have other choice.
camera quality also slightly down for M series as compared to A series.
But, yes Samsung doing wrong, Samsung can cut hardware for price cutting not software because consumers don't know about software before purchasing, only looks Hardware. That's why customers feel cheating after purchase for few rupees saving.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
yeah you are totally right, like m31 has better camera hardware than A51 still they are providing better image optimization for A51 thats totally wrong
Software should be same for every phone whether it's A, M or Note series and also the Security update are pathetic for mid range.
0 Likes