Original topic:

Faulty Compass on M30s

(Topic created on: 02-12-2020 01:01 PM)
Galaxy M
On the #M30s devices i have used and checked, all are having issues of showing incorrect north/ #compass data. Samsung please look this issue.
Already running the latest firmware on my M30s.
Also still noticing few heating here and there although has improved since last #update.
27 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
try this out bro
Parm0708
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
please provide link of official compass app
0 Likes
knighty
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
I did find some issues with compass. I noticed 10° error. however after a few level correction and calibration it's showing the same directions as any other device.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
how you corrected?
0 Likes
knighty
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Download a compass app. It probably has an option of level correction. Do that. Then calibrate again. For level correction put phone in a very flat surface, not bed or chair. After that keep the phone on table, keep a few other phones and keep them side by side in exactly same direction. M30s should show same degrees.

At least two other phones because if you check only in 1 phone you have no way of knowing which one is correct. So at least two other phones. If 3 of them show the same direction then it's perfect! Ignore a couple of degrees variation.
0 Likes
Galaxy M
calibration is high
0 Likes
Galaxy M
Can you please do me a favour and like this post? Thankyou!
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Gallery/Diwali-with-Galaxy/td-p/2625921
0 Likes
Galaxy M
things gettimg better with updates though..
0 Likes