Original topic:

Exynos 9611 Restart issue Fix : (Requires ROOT, ignore if not interested)

(Topic created on: 05-08-2022 02:53 PM)
Members_P5UzNJo
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy M

My history with Samsung Service. Read to see how u get scammed (if interested). It's a very long post, open the link and just scroll to bottom for mail chain.
Service Center's and Support's Blatant Lie 

Cause for restart : high Max CPU clock cycle set by default, by Samsung, heats to a point where phone shouts "Bruh please just let me die" but then OS just reincarnates it for all the bad karma it did in it's last life.

DISCLAIMER:
* Proceed at you own risk.
* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you and I am no way responsible.
* Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Solution: Root the device, set Max CPU clock cycle to a lower value.

Pros:
- phone is saved, no restarts
- best for daily usage (media, chatting and mails)
- saves your hard earned money
- finally the best one is that you are helping environment by trying to increase device's life span.

Cons
- chances of bricking the device is very high especially if you do not know what's happening.
- phone is bit slower as CPU is clocked down (nevertheless it felt the same when the CPU was heating up, so no regrets there)
- payment and bank apps don't run as device is rooted (pass the phone to those who don't use such apps, say ur older parents or younger siblings)
- vulnerable to security threats if you do not know what you are doing.
- no more OTA updates.
- and many more (Google, Bing or DuckDuckGo it).

Proceed with caution and AGAIN, ME NO RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS.
Follow link if interested: SavedMeMyPhone_LINK 

11 Comments
ㅤ
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
doing all this.. it is better to cpu reballing.
0 Likes
Galaxy M

If you have personally got it done and succeeded,
OR if u have physically checked the phone after "reballing" cpu and succeeded, please share your story around so that people don't spend fortunes to get it repaired from Authorized Service Center.

Thanks.

ㅤ
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
0 Likes
ㅤ
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
and u r asking to me about it.. that i have experienced or not..

first , tell me u experienced this issue or not... ? that u r posting such posts.
0 Likes
Galaxy M

Dude chill. 😂

The tone u read my reply with was wrong I guess.

I meant please promote that method of reballing cpu if u have seen it successful urself. Reason being that it's a hardware repair and chances of spoiling the phone will be higher than software fix. Ain't it ?

That's all.

And yup I faced the issue really badly. Just opening lockscreen after restart used to trigger it. But now it's running 3 straight days without issues. Battery life too is good

ㅤ
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
one thing to tell u that.. (actually u know).. that ... phone dsnt give u enough time to do all this.. and when phone says .. 'oops 😏 sorry u r late'.. and gets die.. before rooting and to proceed this method.. 😆

so when phone dies only this method left . (means cpu reballing)
0 Likes
Galaxy M

Actually no. When we boot into recovery the phone never restarted by itself. Which means that the cpu clock frequencies are set to a different value when in recovery and higher after OS boots.

The frequencies I use is not actually low right now. I have set the smaller cpu frequencies to 1.638 GHz while max available is 1.742 GHz, and the larger cpu frequencies to 2.210 GHz while max available is 2.314 GHz.

To be on a safer side, I used to keep an ice pack in a plastic cover and kept my phone on that (top portion) so that it doesn't heat while testing few things. But during recovery I never used this method.

RvShankar
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
If any one want to lower cpu core just user power saving mode
0 Likes
Galaxy M

Hi R Shankar, i actually tried all these before. But it does not work. Phone still used to restart.

I had removed all bloatwares, didn't work.

But keeping an ice pack used to work before. 😅

Finally clocking it this way helped. Phone has not restarted even once in the last 3 days.

CPU Temperatures stayed under 35°C indoors and had reached 50°C under direct sun at noon.

It survived all those and that's y I posted it here.

0 Likes