Original topic:

Does anybody know how to unlock bands after ONE UI 5.1 update ?

(Topic created on: 03-07-2023 11:08 AM)
Afzal50
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy M
Apparently i am getting 5g and it is working fine. Speed is around 1GBPs but the network band is N78. What i am looking for is band N28 to truly experience 5g. So does anybody know how to unlock/enable N28 band in Samsung devices. 

FYI the Samsung tool kit method isn't working anymore after one UI 5.1 update. Many of us have tried and failed, you will loose the 5g access too after failed Samsung tool kit method. I had to reset my phone and network settings to get 5g back. 

Please let me know
8 Comments
Abbyk
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
Download 5g setting app from playstore
0 Likes
toyota009
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
He's talking about bands not network settings.
0 Likes
Abbyk
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
Mind your language u sound stupid having half knowledge first check the app and it uses
0 Likes
toyota009
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
Already checked it basically just acts like engineering mode. Sorry for calling you stupid.
0 Likes
toyota009
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
The app you mentioned just forces the network to a single mode not the bands.
0 Likes
toyota009
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
Another similar app is forcelte. You can check it out.
0 Likes
cs-member11
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application>Support>Ask a question/Tap an error report>Type your query>Send)

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurring.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes