Original topic:

Does Samsung have Software testing and Quality Control team?

(Topic created on: 04-10-2020 04:39 PM)
Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy M
Samsung Members today got swarmed by posts about bricked Galaxy M31 after April Security Patch was applied. 

What the hell is going on?

Even the Android 10 on M30s is buggy, A50 is unusable, One UI 2.1 was denied on S9 and Note 9 and the Galaxy S20 Ultra still doesn't have a final camera software to unleash the camera's full potential (basically, it's half baked).

I have never seen such incompetence from any brand. Yes, you can mess up updates, but you must also own up to it and fix it. 
8 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
🤣🤣🤣you are absolutely right
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
absolutely right even One UI 2.1 has issues 😂😂🤣🤣
knighty
Active Level 7
Galaxy M

Microsoft doesn't. They do automated testing. So if a software company is doing that, I guess at best Sammy does the same.

Edit: I mean, there should be a manual QC team.

Raghavendra98
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
If a software tests software, shouldn't all the bugs show up for patching?
0 Likes
vivek006
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
probably the software testing software also has bugs of not showing bugs😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
@vivek 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍
vivek006
Expert Level 1
Galaxy M
😁😁😁😁😁😁
0 Likes
knighty
Active Level 7
Galaxy M

I doubt that happens. Automated tests are 100% reliable for devices with specific applications. For smartphones and PC, we are the perfect samples.

MS does this on various benches with various PC configurations. On top of that, they have various preview branches and they also test using those "I need to update ASAP" people. 

In the case of Samsung, there are limited configurations. Also, I do not think you can create multiple scenarios in a lab as there are many variables (geography, network config etc). Many things are user-dependent and it's hard to cover everything that a user might face. They probably have an insider beta testing group for testing updates. Still, it's hard to cover every single variable. If they have an insider testing group then they should try to cover as much as possible. Maybe release a few devices so they do not have to face time constraints while covering everything.

*I work in a similar field. All of this is just an educated guess. They may have an extensive testing program or maybe they don't have anything at all.