Original topic:

Display issue with Samsung M21

(Topic created on: 11-07-2020 03:58 PM)
janf008
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy M
Now this is the condition of my brand new Samsung Galaxy M21 just after few months of purchase. I purchased this phone on 21st August 2020 from Amazon. And the product delivered on 25th August 2020. Then on 25th September, just in a month there started a pink spot on the bottom corner of the screen. I hereby attached the picture of the product with date. Then it's started to spread day by day. Now you can see the current picture of my phone. Then we contacted the Amazon customer care and as they told we consulted the phone at samsung service centre and with a small check up, they told it's an impact damage though it can't be repaired in warranty. But I am **bleep** sure that there is no any harm to my phone from my side and I even told them that too. And later I contacted Amazon also. They gave me some hope and at last they also stopped replying me on 15th October. Then I contacted Samsung Human Assistant on 15th October and he also stated that they cant replace the defective part within the warranty. As this is an impact damage (i.e damage occured to display due to pressure from outside such as due to pressure on screen from Pocket or pillow). 
But they are stating this without any correct checking. They just take the phone inside the service centre and will give back so fast stating "impact damage - "Out of Warranty". and  But I am asking that is this the built in quality of Samsung like brand, that the display will damage due to a pressure without any crack or scratch on the display glass? And is this the Customer Support  from a Samsung like company. Later today when I am checking the issue in internet i came to know that this is not a normal issue that so many peoples are facing the same issue with their M21 and Samsung simply cheating us by stating that they can't include this in warranty as this is not an issue from the customers. But its a pure manufacturing defect. 
We need an urgent help for this.

69 Comments
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Did you use sanitizer or any other cleaning liquid? Then it might be because of that. Also, these are not covered under warranty as these are accidental damages and not manufacturing defects. But go to a service center and show the chat with the support person and demand free replacement.
0 Likes
janf008
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
Not at all. No any harm from my side. Even never fall from me. As I checked in some sites, so many M21 customers have the same issue and everybody saying that this happen without anything happened from their side. Samsung is saying to everybody that this is due to impact damage. But I am telling that if it's a damage happen from my mistake I will never demand any free service. But I am sure that nothing happened from me. its just started with some pink dots and still its spreading. Almost 50% of my display gone.
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Go to a service center and demand free replacement.
0 Likes
njl_chan
Active Level 3
Galaxy M

Looks like a whole batch of M series mobiles manufactured in 2020 have this problem.  Samsung is trying to hide behind "impact damage" when they have no way of proving physical imperfections on the mobile.  

Same problem for me, similar response from Samsung , and their chat:

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-M/Samsung-M21-Pink-spots-expanding-every-minute-Service-c...

T

0 Likes
Samsung_RB2PRhm
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I also got same problem , display started with pink spot, then it covered full screen,  without any screen damage , no fall . :(

0 Likes
anoop084
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I also got same problem , display started with pink spot, then it covered full screen,  without any screen damage , no fall . :(Samsung Mobile Photo.jpgSamsung Mobile Photo.jpgSamsung Mobile Photo.jpg

0 Likes
pmd123
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

yes same issue which is causing damage to eye sight too

I have filed complaint on consumerhelpline.gov.in 

0 Likes
Nagesh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

16251439232474927843387035105541.jpg

• My phone aalso purple spotted.😔