Original topic:

Dear samsung I'm a M30s user

(Topic created on: 03-28-2020 09:09 PM)
Debanjan99
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy M
After the much hyped campaigning I fell into their trap and bought the first samsung device of my life. Though I had no intentions or need to buy a device more than 10k still I loved the specs and bought it on the first day of it's sale.

Now here comes the fun part. I got it delivered on 29th september 2019 and I received the first software update which was about 120 mb I don't remember exactly. at that time I was travelling with my family from 4th of October. Took a lot of pictures with this handset and I was really impressed with the camera. And while travelling I used the phone for navigation in roads, cabs, checked the speed of the train etc and it worked perfectly.

but after the second software update which was again small in size like less than 150mb the navigation system of the phone was broken. Now this works only when I'm in a completely open place. It doesn't work inside my room, doesn't work inside any kind of vehicle like bus train etc

I complained many times to samsung but of no use everytime they replied with the same answer like insufficient log files. ok I lived with that. from that point the phone was doing okay there were no other major issues. 

now after 28th feb 2020 the in which I got the march security patch update the scenario is completely different. 
1. Now the phone is heating up too much especially when using two sim cards. though I keep the second sim in 2g only mode. There was no such issue like that before. even when opening very small games like ludo king I'm getting high temperature warning from game centre. 

2.With two sim cards I was getting around 13-14 hours of screen on time in a tenure of 2 days in my kind of usage which drastically dropped to 10 hours just after the update. THIS PHONE WAS SUPER STABLE IN TERMS OF IDLE DRAIN IN MOST OF THE NIGHT IT DIDN'T DRAIN A SINGLE PERCENT OF BATTERY BEFORE THE UPDATE. now it drops almost 3-4% every night. 

3.the battery goes crazy after 30%. if I keep the phone idle after it reaches 30% it drains 2% per hour.which is insane keeping in mind the fact that I don't keep a single app in the background and always keep the mobile data off while not in use. 

4.the phone used to charge completely(0-100%) in 2:30 mintues at a rate of 41% per hour. now ut takes almost 3:10 hours at a rate of 30% per hour. and most important IT HEATS UP TOO MUCH WHILE CHARGING FOR SAFETY NOW I ALWAYS CHARGE MY PHONE IN SWITCHED OFF MODE. 

5.and at this point I see the camera of the phone lost its grace. It not like before. the pictures appear pale I miss that brilliant dynamic range contrast and colour. I don't know if samsung is doing that deliberately because they are launching too many handsets at same price point but if that is it is a cheating to their customers. 

17 Comments
Galaxy M
Bhai jor se bolo "Samsung hai to Mumkin hai" and SKMKB.
0 Likes
shivadummu
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
hahaha
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
0 Likes
Galaxy M
lol
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
0 Likes
Galaxy M
This seems to be a battery problem, because I am not facing any heating issue in my phone. Did you drop your phone? Or did it get and external pressure?
0 Likes
Rajneeshydv
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
start playing games like pubg you will start noticing all kind of problems.
0 Likes
Debanjan99
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
no I haven't dropped my device even once.. yes I wll get it checked once the lockdown is over..but I don't think it's a hardware problem because I was a happy user the problems started right from the moment I downloaded the march security patch
Shashwat
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
send error report to samsung because after this update phone is heating, battery drains faster than before, no zoom and flash supported in 48mp (4:3) camera mode
0 Likes