Not applicable
Options
Galaxy M
Can I use 20W charger for 15W phone ?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy M
Hi... Technically, yes you can. Most recent phones have an overcharging protection layer. So nothing to worry about it. But the thing is even if you used 20W, phone only takes 15W of it. 😊

If my comment is helpful to you in any way, consider to select the Accept Solution by clicking on the 3 dots of the comment.
Thank you 😊

View solution in context

Solution
Sha_zan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy M
It's perfectly safe. Your phone will only take the current it needs.

Most smartphones need a 5 volt voltage source. Because of this, ensure that the charging adapter is 5V and that the current doesn't matter.

Be sure to click the 3 dots and " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Thanks... 👍

View solution in context

4 Comments
Solution
Galaxy M
Hi... Technically, yes you can. Most recent phones have an overcharging protection layer. So nothing to worry about it. But the thing is even if you used 20W, phone only takes 15W of it. 😊

If my comment is helpful to you in any way, consider to select the Accept Solution by clicking on the 3 dots of the comment.
Thank you 😊
nipoo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Nice to see you here.
Galaxy M
Yeah... you too again 😃👋
Solution
Sha_zan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy M
It's perfectly safe. Your phone will only take the current it needs.

Most smartphones need a 5 volt voltage source. Because of this, ensure that the charging adapter is 5V and that the current doesn't matter.

Be sure to click the 3 dots and " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Thanks... 👍