Original topic:

CA disabled in Samsung Galaxy M42 5G

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 07:02 PM)
Varun969
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy M
As advised by Samsung support team I finally visited the Samsung authorized service center located at Samsung Opera House, Bangalore on 30 Jun 2021 (after lockdown restrictions eased off in Bangalore). Handed over my Samsung Galaxy M42 5G phone to Service technician informing the network issue, CA issue and my interaction with Customer Support.

The service center is well organized and got my turn after a wait of 2 hours. The service center engineer took about 45 to 50 minutes to flash new software. But the sad part is that there is no improvement in the phone. The network speed is almost 1/3 in comparison to a Samsung Galaxy C9 pro as well as Readme 7 pro.

To my utter surprise the service engineer himself was not familiar with Carrier Aggregatin(CA) concept and feature. The service mode number *#0011# did respond with CA-Not Config 0 0 on this Samsung M425G phone but with different status on his samsung phone.

He has confirmed that there is a software lock on this phone and as this has been reported by many users with Samsung they will release a patch to rectify the problem soon. He also promised to revert back by Monday ( i.e. by 5 Jul 21 ) on the status.

I sincerely feel I am been deceived by Samsung dispatching a locked product while many users in market as well the phones in their showroom do have CA enabled and functions with higher internet speed. May I request you to recall this defective unit and replace an fully functional unit in lieu else refund the product money to enable me to purchase an alternate product.

Jiyodilse
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
But dear..i again confirm that M42 5G support CA...u can check by call on CC of samsung..my friend have this one and show LTE+ in jio and 4G+ in airtel
0 Likes
Varun969
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Thanks. Yes I do know and have confirmed from other M425G users that CA feature is available and is enabled on their devices. They have confirmed to be receiving higher internet speeds due to CA too. Unfortunately the option has been disabled in this unit (that is the bone of contention) and now I started feeling as though there is a device internal network section is malfunctioning thus the reduced speeds. I also worry if this unit will live upto it's expectation once 5G signals are beamed for commercial use in the country.
0 Likes
Chaman17
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
As far as I know, m42 5g is CA-unlocked device. You might not get 4g+ if your area has poor network coverage, rains etc. Or it may be a problem with a recent update from Samsung.
By the way, I saw the screenshots and I think you have configured a VPN. Disable it, reset the network settings and try once.
Varun969
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Samsung Max VPN is provided free in M42 5G phones. I tried deactivating and there is no change in CA status of this phone.Screenshot_20210702-185933_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20210702-185826_NetMonster.jpg
Chaman17
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Reset the network settings once, or airplane mode, or restart device.
My brother has m42 5g and he has 4g+. So, apparently, it might be an issue with your device itself.
0 Likes
Varun969
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Chaman ... would be of great help if you can post the snapshots from your brother's M42 5G using Netmonster as well as results of Samsungmode using *#0011# for my academic interest.
0 Likes
Chaman17
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Yeah sure.
Although you should have told me earlier😅, as he has gone for work and I will be able to get hold of his device in the evening only. So, you would have to wait.! Anyways, I will send it asap.
0 Likes
Varun969
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
OK thanks
0 Likes
Varun969
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
No. You can see the CA enabled Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro having both Jio and BSNL Sim. It does show the network provider has enabled 2 - 4 frequency bands in this area.20210702_184447_434.jpg20210702_184707_435.jpg
0 Likes
Chaman17
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Hmm, alright.
Raise a complaint to Samsung support, and wait for the next software update, I guess.
0 Likes