Original topic:

CA disabled in Samsung Galaxy M42 5G

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 05:59 PM)
Varun969
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy M
As advised by Samsung support team I finally visited the Samsung authorized service center located at Samsung Opera House, Bangalore on 30 Jun 2021 (after lockdown restrictions eased off in Bangalore). Handed over my Samsung Galaxy M42 5G phone to Service technician informing the network issue, CA issue and my interaction with Customer Support.

The service center is well organized and got my turn after a wait of 2 hours. The service center engineer took about 45 to 50 minutes to flash new software. But the sad part is that there is no improvement in the phone. The network speed is almost 1/3 in comparison to a Samsung Galaxy C9 pro as well as Readme 7 pro.

To my utter surprise the service engineer himself was not familiar with Carrier Aggregatin(CA) concept and feature. The service mode number *#0011# did respond with CA-Not Config 0 0 on this Samsung M425G phone but with different status on his samsung phone.

He has confirmed that there is a software lock on this phone and as this has been reported by many users with Samsung they will release a patch to rectify the problem soon. He also promised to revert back by Monday ( i.e. by 5 Jul 21 ) on the status.

I sincerely feel I am been deceived by Samsung dispatching a locked product while many users in market as well the phones in their showroom do have CA enabled and functions with higher internet speed. May I request you to recall this defective unit and replace an fully functional unit in lieu else refund the product money to enable me to purchase an alternate product.

33 Comments
Jiyodilse
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
No..M42 5G is CA compatible device...
U need to check again
0 Likes
Varun969
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Please find attached the snapshot of the service menu displaying CA-NOT CONFIG 0 0clipboard_image_1625227606623_1625227606623.jpg
0 Likes
Meghraj1
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
No bro it is there
0 Likes
Meghraj1
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
SeeScreenshot_20210527-211634_NetMonster.jpg
0 Likes
Varun969
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Thanks Meghraj,
Samsung seems to be playing a fast one. They attended to the unit on my visit to Service Center on 30 Jun 21 but the phone status not changed. I am sending you the ServiceMode (latest) still shows CA-NOT CONFIG 00.
0 Likes
Varun969
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
My phone Netmonster statusScreenshot_20210702-180229_NetMonster.jpg
0 Likes
Varun969
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
ServiceMode status Screenshot_20210702-173633_Service mode RIL_429.jpg
0 Likes
Jiyodilse
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
See in CA section sent by your image..there it's mention CA not configure mean your area or your network provider might have poor signal..if CA not enabled then there are mentioned like CA not enabled instead of not configure...
0 Likes
Varun969
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Unfortunately the situation here is different. The network provider has its tower situated 1.6 kms from my home. They have good signals airing which is well captured on Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro using the same network here. On C9 pro it displays CA-Add(S1)BAND:40 BW:20Mhz while it shows CA- Not Config 00.
0 Likes