Original topic:

Buggy Update on Galaxy M30S

(Topic created on: 03-31-2020 08:00 PM)
Cheese366
Beginner Level 5
Options
Galaxy M
This month we received Android 10 on our M30S, but it made the phone very laggy. Over Heating problem is also there even when surfing anything over your own Internet browser. Me and my Spouse has the same model, while both the phone is hanging a lot and all of a sudden getting switched off and only shows the Samsung logo for half an hour, and restarts by itself. Battery is also draining like hell. I was waiting a lot for this updated UI, but when I got it in my hand it was a total waste.

Please provide a stable update as soon as possible so that we can atleast use our "Smartphone".
15 Comments
ShahidBD
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
Go to the "Get help" tab on Samsung Members & then send your feedback, and get answers to your questions right away.
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
try Google go apps that use less data
free ram from device care
recharge device only in off mode 10 mins of power off will not affect any working but surely charge quickly use adaptive battery and brightness use medium power mode
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
Prano
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Nope bro, I'm using M30s and there is no such problem you have mentioned. Try to do reset factory setting AND SET IT AS A NEW DEVICE, Once setup is complete update all apps and out the phone to medium power saving capping CPU usage to 70% and turn off adaptive brightness instead use manual brightness. Don't install any kind of junk apps, install only which are really needed, eg Facebook and messenger, Twitter, Instagram are power hungry apps and not properly optimised for this devices using this version of Exynos SOC instead use browser for these apps.

Under device care, go to advance and turn off all features as it ultimately ruins experience. Give a manual restart to your phone once a day.

And if you really did exactly all the things I said then share your experience. Because once problem gets solved most of the guys don't say anything.

Stay Home, Stay Safe, Stay Healthy as each one of us contribution to lockdown can only break the chain of China virus
Venkat1312
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

I have done the same but issue  is still there

Cheese366
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy M
Now after doing these things everything is more or less solved apart from the hanging issue. Sometimes my device got stick to the same screen even after pressing the home and the back button, nothing works at that moment. It automatically perform all my inputs right after 10-15seconds.
N.B.: I put my device in Medium Power Saving Mode all the time.
0 Likes
Prano
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
@Cheese366: Can you please recall what you were doing when this happened. which app you were using, what was there in background apps. You were in mobile data or WiFi, WiFi calling on or off. More information you can provide more easier it is going to be to narrow doing to the cause of problem.

Please note that I use nova launcher and someone from other post in forum said they were facing some issue with UI getting stuck specially in home screen while scrolling and switching app, switching to 3rd party app like nova or other solved this problem. Since I'm using nova launcher from day 1 so I have no idea about it.

I'm not a Samsung fan by any means and what you guys are facing I faced exact similar problems after update, but doing restore and setting it as a new device solved all my problems.
0 Likes
Venkat1312
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

I have exactly  same issue