Original topic:

Battery life and coolness hampered

(Topic created on: 07-16-2020 04:31 PM)
HITstrong12
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M
After recent security update of July for M30s, Samsung did provide some good updates. But why Samsung does this provide 1 good thing and mess with other 2 things.
Now device is overheating very much. And battery life is fcuked. It takes lots of time to charge and less time to drain.
And while using handset is overheating to the scale of scary. I can't even use the phone now without fear of explosion.
I sent error reports 2 times till now, waiting for Samsung's responses.
7 Comments
HITstrong12
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
I can literally feel burning sensation on top of screen
0 Likes
abhigoyal
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
literally same with M31 updates. battery getting degraded, i suspect if its intentional or not
HITstrong12
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
For 40% of battery now my handset gave only 2 hr 19min of screen on time. and Samsung launched this phones as Battery Monsters🤬🤬
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
if possible then use smart switch to install software....simply update via mobile data or wifi can create issues especially in Samsung devices which i have noticed before also ....Samsung provides non A/B type ota update hence it's allaways better to flash software by odin or use smart switch which is also recommended over simply update
0 Likes
HarshilDS
Active Level 5
Galaxy M
If phone heats up then i suggest you to switch off your phone for at least 15 mins. It should be normal after that. And its recommended to restart your phone atleast once in a week to function properly.
0 Likes
독재자
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Not just these 2 issues bro they replaced Widevine L1(HD) with Widevine L3(SD only).

Samsung is just becoming worse in providing after purchase services. They aren't accepting that it's their fault but they are trying to put blame of streaming coms and on users for battery issue.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please be assured and to resolve "Overheating issue" kindly folllow the given link:- https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-heating-issue-occurs-in-mobile-device/

And please be assured, to resolve "charging"issue we would like to inform you that kindly switch off Handset for 5 minutes to cool down and recheck if its working fine.

And Samsung customer’s safety is on top priority that is why this concept is introduced with logic that whenever handset temp. or ambient air temp. goes up to certain set limit, then device automatically restrict fast charging or even some time stops charging. But post device temperature reaches to normal after cooling down the set, then automatically set starts charging normally (This is implemented in all Smartphone models from year 2019 )

Note : If you have already send the error report then, we request you kindly do wait for some time soon you will get the resolution from our end.

If the issue still persists(charging), kindly visit the nearest Samsung service center, Please be assured your issue will be resolved soon.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes