Original topic:

Battery issues

(Topic created on: 12-03-2020 12:40 PM)
user2233
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy M
My Samsung Galaxy M31's stand-by time keeps decreasing and battery drains little bit fast after using it only for 3 months, why is it so??

0 Likes
32 Comments
Electron726
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
See bro let me explain the SOT (Screen On Time). In the above picture/graph I see that you have charged your phone to 100% (i.e. the bule shade) from 8 am to 11:30am (approx from graph). So from now onwards, after you unplug your phone, you calculate your SOT. Whenever you use your screen(at a particular brightness), that means you are using your phone, opening apps etc. the screen on time is recorded in the gray (colour) shade in the graph. See the graph after charging 11:30 am to 4:30 pm (where "NOW" is written), this is you using your phone. Now click on the gray shade section (you have 4 sections in b/w) you will know your SOT at that particular time interval. So in 4 sections i.e for eg. at 11:30am to 12pm say you used your phone for 20 min, then this is your SOT which would be shown above. Likewise you add your SOT till your battery goes down to 10 to 5 % (Since I won't suggest full discharge of battery). After adding all the SOT in the time intervals if you are getting near 9hrs to 12 hrs SOT then your battery is fine. And if it is less than 9hrs like 8hrs so then you are just using more power hungry applications or running apps in background like camera etc. Camera uses very much battery. Also follow the battery saving steps of @Ehsank it might be helpful.

Sorry if my explanatiom was long. Hope it helped.
0 Likes
AdnanAbbas
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
It is based on your usage pattern
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve your device battery drain issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-mobile-battery-drain-issue/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes